• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Public Apology & More
11-08-2008, 08:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-08-2008, 08:23 AM by Mad Russian.)
RE: Public Apology & More
Reddog Wrote:RD:
I would say that you have the same rights to voice your opinion as everyone else so being a Moderator shouldn't strip you of that right. Things get said... apologies are handed out in an honest manner... end of story.

This is exactly what Randy's apologies keep being about. Randy goes beyond, "the voicing the same opinions as everybody else" and him being a Moderator has led to people that disagree with him either being badgered, here on the site, or outright banned.

Many of those members, he's gone head to head with, have been other moderators and club officers.

Good Hunting.

MR
11-08-2008, 08:37 AM,
Im sorry but I disagree with your arsey reply on this thread MR.

Yes we know Randy can be volatile but the fact that some guys insisted in proding him at every opportunity to get a response certainly didnt help the situation.
11-08-2008, 08:51 AM,
Bootie Wrote:Im sorry but I disagree with your arsey reply on this thread MR.

Yes we know Randy can be volatile but the fact that some guys insisted in proding him at every opportunity to get a response certainly didnt help the situation.

I agree with Bootie here. I don't like the smell of MR's post. It adds nothing. I wish more people were capable of the same kind of self reflection Randy has just demonstrated.
11-08-2008, 09:08 AM,
I think if any thread needs closing off, this one does. It appears to me to be a public continuation of an old personal feud, and thus has no place here.
11-08-2008, 10:17 AM,
I don't think Mad Russian stepped out of line there, just pointed out what has happened in the past and a way of stopping the cycle happening again.
I think if RD steps away from the forums and concentrates on what he does best, which is working behind the scenes of the Blitz then things can get back to normal.
I hate seeing this type of stuff flaring up on the message boards but sometimes it needs to be said.
Bootie,
When someone puts themselves forward to be a mod, they must expect a certain amount of prodding but they can't allow themselves to be drawn into a slanging match on the message boards.
11-08-2008, 10:18 AM,
none of this was important today.......

Von Earlmann Wrote:I figure a hundred years from now none of this will seem too important :-)

Earl
11-08-2008, 10:24 AM,
Bootie Wrote:Im sorry but I disagree with your arsey reply on this thread MR.

I don't expect alot of public agreement with my comments. I was voicing my opinion in support of part of Randy's decision but not all of it. I think I pointed out why I feel the way I do. No need for a rehash here.

I was of the opinion that both sides could be presented. I think that since this time it's on the CS forum it proved my posts points very well.

Quote:Yes we know Randy can be volatile but the fact that some guys insisted in proding him at every opportunity to get a response certainly didnt help the situation.

You run your own site same as I help to do on a couple. You know that there are times when you get baited. I've yet to see you react a single time the way I see Randy react constantly. I"ve yet to see a Mod go over the same line he is hitting others with a BIG STICK for getting near. If you have a thin skin you better stay out of the Mod business.

Okay, so he's not the best Mod in the world. He's been trying to resign for four times now and you guys keep dragging him back in here!!!

He may well understand the limits of his own abilities and if his continued attempts to resign as CSM and Mod are any indication then that's true.

As far as the smell of my posts go, well, not everybody will ever agree with every side. All I did was try to support Randy in his decision to step down...BUT, if you read my smelly posts, you will see that I don't advocate his leaving either the Blitz or the staff. The smell of my posts is that of someone who has dealt with Randy through some tough issues. Who has seen the kinds of rantings, pettiness, and behavior he has applied the Blitz ROE's to others.

If you don't like my point of view then maybe you should walk a mile in my shoes with Randy at your side.

Randy and I don't have to like each other. We just have to get along here on this site as long as we are both here. I don't see any reason to leave yet and I sure don't see any reason for Randy to leave either.

I've offered to fight in CM but that may never happen either. I don't do QB's.

Again, I support Randy's decision to step down but not his leaving the club.

That's my opinion, which we all seem to still be entitled to.

Good Hunting.

MR
11-08-2008, 10:55 AM,
Tell you what....nobody should just sit and gripe about issues without offering a solution. Randy pointed that out to me before and I posted all the scenarios for playtesting at the H2H Production forum for CM.

I'll volunteer to take over Randy's Mod and CSM duties for a period determined by either the site or SG. Whatever. That could give Randy a breather. At the end of the predetermined period SG or whoever could determine if things are better, worse or the same. At that time the decision could be made as to the situation.

To give the entire site a cooling off period.

That, of course, will be up to Randy, if he really does intend to step down as CSM and Super Mod. As well, of course, with Paul, if my offer is acceptable to him.

Good Hunting.

MR
11-08-2008, 11:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-08-2008, 11:20 AM by Mad Russian.)
Rasputitsa Wrote:none of this was important today.......

I highly disagree with that if you care about how the Blitz has operated in the past, is being run now or will be run in the future. If you could care less whether the Blitz is here next week then I guess this isn't important.

For me personally it's important because this is part of my hobby. Where I spend my free time. The Blitz helps my hobby be stronger or weaker with the success or lack there of.

If you think that Randy leaving the Blitz isn't important then you have no concept of what he has done in the past or currently does for this site. We all owe him a debt of gratitude for the way this site operates internally.

His leaving this site is a very important issue!!

Good Hunting.

MR
11-08-2008, 07:39 PM,
Totally support MR here. The sheer amount of trouble, ill-feeling and agitation caused by Randy's "moderating" on this site (especially the CM forum), is out of all proportion to any good he has done both as a Blitz club officer or with any of the behind the scenes stuff IMHO.

As some have pointed out, he has pulled this resigning stunt many times before.

- falco.