• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

ZOC'S again
10-28-2008, 05:57 AM,
RE: ZOC'S again
James Ward Wrote:In Kursk the default seems to be movement from zoc to zoc using all movement points and there is an option to turn on locking zoc's. How do you 'turn' on zoc to zoc movement using the zoc multiplier mentioned in the manual? Is this something that must be modded?
NRBH, but I think there is variable in the PDT.:)
Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2008, 06:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-28-2008, 06:48 AM by James Ward.)
fastphil Wrote:
James Ward Wrote:In Kursk the default seems to be movement from zoc to zoc using all movement points and there is an option to turn on locking zoc's. How do you 'turn' on zoc to zoc movement using the zoc multiplier mentioned in the manual? Is this something that must be modded?

I opened a pdt file and all I got was a bunch of numbers. Is there a better way of viewing them besides notepad or wordpad?
10-28-2008, 07:09 AM,
Ok let's work this through, the rules say.........

Zone-of-Control Movement Rules
When a unit attempts to move from one enemy ZOC to another enemy ZOC, then special movement rules apply. These rules are based on three possible cases involving the Locking ZOC Optional Rule (see Optional Rules Dialog ) and the ZOC Movement Multiplier Parameter Data value (see Parameter Data Dialog ).

·Case 1: Locking ZOC Optional Rule is ON. Movement is not allowed.

·Case 2: Locking ZOC Optional Rule is OFF and ZOC Movement Multiplier is zero. Movement is allowed only when hex being moved into is already occupied by friendly unit. The movement cost is the entire movement allowance of the moving unit.

·Case 3: Locking ZOC Optional Rule is OFF and ZOC Movement Multiplier is non-zero. Movement is allowed. Normal movement cost is multiplied by the ZOC Movement Multiplier to determine the movement cost that applies.

OK Case 1, you have the ZOC optional rule checked (on), you cannot move from a ZOC to ZOC under any circumstances, this is not the case in all non desert titles i own.

Case 2, this is with the ZOC Opt rule unchecked (off), you can move from ZOC to ZOC only if you have a friendly unit in the hex and it costs all your MP's (this is the case you had in Kursk), this is the case in all the non desert titles i own.

Case 3, this is with the ZOC Opt rule unchecked (off) and the ZOC Movement Multiplier (found at the bottom of the PDT table, press F4) is non zero, in this case you can move through ZOC's but at an increased MP cost, the cost in MP's is determined by multiplying the cost of the terrain by the multiplier number, this case is used in the desert titles i own.

So Case 2 is the most common ZOC rule you will find.

I know that is a bit complicated, but that is the best i can do. ;)
10-28-2008, 07:19 AM,
James Ward Wrote:
fastphil Wrote:

I opened a pdt file and all I got was a bunch of numbers. Is there a better way of viewing them besides notepad or wordpad?
Yes, open a game title folder so you can view all the files and look for pcparam.exe, when you find this double click it and a table will open, select the PDT you wish to look at and click open, all the values in that PDT will be displayed, the ZOC multiplier is near the bottom. ;)
10-28-2008, 02:03 PM,
what do you think is best for you glenn?
10-28-2008, 02:58 PM,
Does air assault infantry excert zone of control when they land by helo? I have seen cases where two air assault infantry units on opposite side of an enemy unit did not isolate the unit, and there were no other enemy units adjacent.
10-28-2008, 03:03 PM,
U124IXB Wrote:what do you think is best for you glenn?

It really depends on the situation - that is one can't make a blanket statements as to what is best
Send this user an email
10-28-2008, 03:06 PM,
Zemke Wrote:Does air assault infantry excert zone of control when they land by helo? I have seen cases where two air assault infantry units on opposite side of an enemy unit did not isolate the unit, and there were no other enemy units adjacent.

I think you should take this to a defferent thread least things get really confusing.

First in MC there is no Optional Rule for LOCKING ZOCs
Secondly, Units transported by Helicopter are subjected to different rules because of the way players were abusing the ZOC Capabilty of them.

...I think I will leave it at that for the purposes of this thread.

Glenn
Send this user an email
10-28-2008, 05:10 PM,
Yes i should say that i am only talking about PzC ZOC rules here, i have not played a MC title yet. ;)
10-29-2008, 01:56 AM,
Foul. Wrote:
James Ward Wrote:
fastphil Wrote:

Yes, open a game title folder so you can view all the files and look for pcparam.exe, when you find this double click it and a table will open, select the PDT you wish to look at and click open, all the values in that PDT will be displayed, the ZOC multiplier is near the bottom. ;)

Perfect. Thanks.