• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

THE MAIN EVENT! Walkure vs. Herroberst
10-16-2008, 12:44 PM,
RE: THE MAIN EVENT!
Combat Wombat Wrote:is this an omen .. ;)

LOL - I doubt if it will be a knockout like that - these guys are both experienced enough - I'd say minor victory either way...
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
Quote this message in a reply
10-17-2008, 08:30 PM,
So what kind of troop kit did these guys purchase.
10-17-2008, 09:54 PM,
I'll echo Risnervich - be interesting to see what assets they are taking to the flags.
Minuteman
10-17-2008, 10:37 PM,
After Walkure sends his setup I'll post what they each bought - we're waiting on him now...
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
10-19-2008, 02:23 AM,
So are Oberst and Walkure going to be commenting each turn? "My plan is to do X, then do Y and Z." Or not until it 's over?
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]
10-19-2008, 03:02 AM,
Walkure said he didn't have time to write, just play - but we'll be able to see their plans by looking at their orders phases...
10-19-2008, 05:28 AM,
Yes, that's true. Would still be nice to see what they're thinking.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]
10-19-2008, 02:05 PM,
SHOCKING NEWS:

HERROBERST BOTCHES THE SETUP FILE!!

In an unexplained and unforseen lapse of concentration, Herroberst gives Walkure the "Axis Purchase Automatically" setting while giving himself the "Human Player Pick" setting! This results in Walkure's initial file taking him directly to the battlefield instead of the initial purchase screen. Thinking this was what was supposed to happen, Walkure does his whole setup with computer picked forces, and returns it to Herroberst. The whole setup must be redone!

Unbelievable!!

[Image: hitler.jpg]

The Fuhrer is outraged and screams "No doubt the Russians did this on purpose!!!"
10-20-2008, 08:41 AM,
Fascinating the head games between these two old warriors, all ready both players are attempting to lull their opponents into a false sense of security by use of incompetence as an offensive weapon.

HO's opening "error" returned and nullified by Walkure's refusal to acknowledge it. Classic stuff and honours absolutely even as we await the start-up proper.
10-20-2008, 10:12 AM,
Herroberst's Purchase screens...
The problems have been ironed out and here we have Herroberst's purchase screens. I had to "reproduce" these screens in the editor, based on what I saw ingame, so he will have some variables in experience among his units.

First screen:

[Image: HerroberstPurchase1.jpg]

He was shortchanged a little - one of his vet T34/85s he ordered is actually a regular, and only one of his tankhunter teams has the good RPG grenades - the other has the useless molotovs.

Second screen:

[Image: HerroberstPurchase2.jpg]

Bonuses - A lot of his infantry squads actually came out "crack" - this will help him in town.

Surprises - regular AT guns? I was expecting him to pick vets there. And he's bringing a lot of "regular" armor to fight Germans with. He must be counting on his superior infantry to gain the day downtown. But can he get there without meeting long range German guns?

[Image: Stalin-140508_27880t.jpg]

Stalin barks: "Do not fail me, Herroberst"

Coming soon: Walkure's purchase screens...