• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

THE MAIN EVENT! Walkure vs. Herroberst
10-10-2008, 04:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-13-2009, 01:25 AM by Der Kuenstler.)
THE MAIN EVENT! Walkure vs. Herroberst
[Image: CHAMPS_Boxing_Jake.jpg]

All right ladies and gents - get ready for something exciting! Our current top gun on the all-time ladder, Walkure, has agreed to fight his nearest and most threatening rival, Herroberst, the number 2 man on the ladder, right here in front of us all! Yes - for the first time ever, they have agreed to give me their passwords and CC every turn to me. I will be acting the role of a play-by-play announcer, with accompanying screenshots and commentary. Neither of these grizzled CM veterans will be permitted to view this thread until the battle is over, although I will be printing their banter for all to see!

These two fierce rivals have played each other four times in the past - each has won two. Who will walk away with the tiebreaker? Bonus points will be awarded to sweeten the deal.

I have mailed each the following parameters, pending their approval:

3000 point CMBB meeting engagement
July of '44
All regions combined
Force mix: unrestricted
Nationality: unrestricted
Quality: unrestricted
Imported map
Dawn
Warm
Overcast
Breeze
33+ turns

Each player will pick a number between 1-20 and send it to me. The number closest to mine gets to choose Allies or Axis. I have already chosen and mailed out the map.

Fans are already clamoring for tickets - and it looks like the girl in front is pulling for the Nazis!

[Image: lido-crowd-def-1.jpg]

Stay tuned for more information!
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2008, 06:49 PM,
RE: THE MAIN EVENT!
Man, you must have offered some big bonus points to tempt those two grizzled old veterans out of retirement! Any chance we can see the map before I make my bet?
10-10-2008, 08:33 PM,
Great idea - look forward to seeing the shootout!
Minuteman
10-10-2008, 11:54 PM,
fluidwill Wrote:Man, you must have offered some big bonus points to tempt those two grizzled old veterans out of retirement! Any chance we can see the map before I make my bet?

Sure - this will be the map unless they object. This map has a variety of terrain and fairly equal access to the flags. The action will center on a rural town that contains a 300 point flag on main street surrounded by 4 100 point flags. First a top-down view:

[Image: Topview.jpg]

Next a view from the German side:

[Image: Germanview.jpg]

From the Russian side:

[Image: Russianview.jpg]

Looking down main street:

[Image: MainStreet.jpg]

A German commander surveys the Northern river valley. All is peaceful - no sign of the enemy - yet....

[Image: valley.jpg]
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
10-11-2008, 04:30 AM,
Wonderful idea. Looking forward to the read.
10-11-2008, 09:50 PM,
Can't wait. May help me figure out why HerrOberst always puts a boot in my rear end when we play.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]
10-12-2008, 12:04 AM,
Like the map. Is the it available to the playing public somewhere?
10-12-2008, 06:56 AM,
I can't remember exactly where I got this one - probably a map pack from scen depot? Anyhow - here it is if anyone wants it...

Attached Files
.zip   (Main Event) large town.zip (Size: 17.33 KB / Downloads: 8)
10-14-2008, 11:49 PM,
Latest news:

Blowing off the "pick a number between 1-20" to determine player side idea, Walkure boldly declares:

"not to worry, i'll play any side. the harder and difficult the battle the more glorious the victory...."

Opportunistically taking what has been given him, Herroberst has just chosen the Allies and sent his file to Walkure. Has Walkure given away the opening advantage to Herroberst? Or has Herroberst already blundered? Those who've played Walkure know that he is particulary adept at using artillery, and German artillery is easier to use than Russian.

The file is labeled "Herrob Walkur BB MainE 000.txt"...nothing to see in this initial file as it will only open the German purchase screen. Stay tuned for more developments...

[Image: hitler-cp-1322439.jpg]

The Fuhrer awaits Walkure's battle requisition...
10-15-2008, 08:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-15-2008, 09:00 AM by Combat Wombat.)
this is cool .. Thanks DK !

ps : in the photo of the Boxers, is the guy on the right about to wallop the guy on the left fair-square in the "plums" ?! is this an omen .. ;)