• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Blitz Member Map
10-01-2008, 10:15 AM,
RE: Blitz Member Map
Mad Baron Wrote:I live in a smaller town than most. Population 311.

Here is a view driving east into downtown Mayetta....

(I live just a few blocks further past all the big buildings.)

:cool:

I'm not active on this particular ladder but while looking at the names added to the member map, I noticed yours. I've been to Mayetta, or at least passed through it, many times over the years. I have a relative that lives in Onaga. Small world.
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2008, 07:00 AM,
For the outdoor lover in you.:cheeky:

http://community.webshots.com/user/meclarktravel
Big Joe

**visit the H2H section and help the designers by testing their scenarios**
10-03-2008, 08:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-03-2008, 08:42 AM by Mad Baron.)
Wow! Small world indeed!! Onaga, too!?--a really nice little ''oasis'' out in the middle of big-time farm country! I actually looked at a home to buy there, right across the street from the hospital just a few years back, next to the city park. I passed for 3 reasons:
1. I had barking dogs, that I figured weren't practical near a hospital.
2. I figured ambulance sirens might be a negative.
3. It was a nice little home, but a tad small.

So, I am in Mayetta...haha!

Mayetta is nice. But not a lot here. Antique stores, a liquor store, a liquor/general store (small)...mostly just quiet small town, rural living.

:)

Oops! I forgot, Mayetta also has Melba's Diner...on the left as you drive into town. Only open 7am to 2pm (schedule subject to change).

Great country cooking!! = )
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."
10-03-2008, 07:09 PM,
How does one get on to this map?... emailed Bootie twice, no luck? :conf:
10-03-2008, 08:19 PM,
I'll get you on it... been back on night shifts so havent had much time recently.
10-09-2008, 11:21 AM,
Christian Soldier Wrote:For the outdoor lover in you.:cheeky:

http://community.webshots.com/user/meclarktravel
Man, if I ever go to the US again, I'm going there! Fabulous. Last time I was in the US it was beer and, er, drink. But now I love air and horses and scenery.

(though admittedly when I saw one pic I thought "my, but an SMG squads beyond that crest would be good"). :)
10-10-2008, 12:07 AM,
Saint Ruth Wrote:Man, if I ever go to the US again, I'm going there! Fabulous. Last time I was in the US it was beer and, er, drink. But now I love air and horses and scenery.

(though admittedly when I saw one pic I thought "my, but an SMG squads beyond that crest would be good"). :)

If you get a chance to go you would not regret it (unless you were eaten by a Grizzly Bear but that almost never happens). Big Grin
Big Joe

**visit the H2H section and help the designers by testing their scenarios**
10-11-2008, 11:53 AM,
I live in hell..I mean Los Angeles.
10-12-2008, 07:59 AM,
Some pics from my porch in Hampton, VA - just a few miles across the water from POS...

[Image: CIMG0388.jpg]

[Image: CIMG0375.jpg]
Minuteman
10-12-2008, 09:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-12-2008, 09:07 AM by Mad Baron.)
Perfectly beautiful! A BIG reason my sisters and brother all live off beaches in New Hampshire and Florida, as well.

But I remain the ''grizzled old infantry grunt'' of the family. I don't have to be near the ocean, as nice as it can be; mostly I just need open country.

View here is just south of highway exit to Mayetta, Kansas...which lies to the right (east) of the nearest treeline in the distance....

Attached Files
.jpg   mayetta_country.JPG (Size: 21.71 KB / Downloads: 12)
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."