• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMBB Dying
09-20-2008, 10:52 PM,
RE: CMBB Dying
Ratzki Wrote:I have a new(er) computer and run CMBB and CMAK on Vista with no issues whatsoever. The graphics cards drivers are more the problem now. I have to run through a few drivers to get mine to work, but now, no issue at all. I would like to see what BFC will do if CMC is a huge success.

Gamers have waited for years for CMC. I was one of them. But now I'll not buy CMC because there is tremendous potential that it won't work on the next computer I'm about to buy.

What makes no sense to me is that BFC sits back and continues to ignore the games that made their company. A patch for graphics certainly shouldn't shake up their time table more than 8 patches to CMSF did.

Ah....but then you wouldn't be coerced into buying new products if the old ones that were so popular are still working fine............

Good Hunting.

MR
Quote this message in a reply
09-20-2008, 11:13 PM,
Lord Bane Wrote:MR,
Stop with the Negative waves Moriarty! I am betting that the same poor sap who emailed you that he had to drop out of your tournament due to Vista is probably now playing game after game of CMBB until the wee hours of the morning. The reason I am willing to bet that is because I know for a fact that there are many Vista users out there playing CMBB! That is not my opinon, that is a fact. If you need instructions on how to configure your Vista to play CMBB, I would suggest Shooting Bootie an email and I am sure he will walk you through it.

Lord Bane (FGM)

Here is what I just wrote him:

What I'm hearing is that Vista can run CMBB if you're interested in making it work on your machine.

and this is his answer:

Yes, yes and yes...how? I bought CMBB last year but have never played it because of this problem. I would love to fight on the eastern front, I feel like Im missing half the war with my present limitations. (not to mention I hate wasteing 35 dollars)

Doesn't seem like some playing game after game of CMBB to me but someone that is lost in the tech jungle.

Even if there is a way to get him running CMBB "old and slow" it would be better for this gamer than nothing.

As Hedgehog wrote, is there any concrete advise to give to gamers in this guys shoes? Where do you send them to get them to where they can play the game even a little?

Good Hunting.

MR
09-21-2008, 12:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-21-2008, 12:45 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
I'm getting a super-duper new PC with Vista in a couple months to run high-end games and sims but I don't care if it won't run CMBB because I'll be keeping my old PC with WinXPHome to play CM on, seems a simple enough solution to me for everybody to have a dirt-cheap second PC as a standby/spare like that anyway.
Incidentally my last 3 Tourneys at Blitz over the past year have all had over 9000 thread views each, not bad for a so-called 'dying game'..;)

PS- I've looked at every WW2 tac game that has come out in the 7 years since CM was launched but none comes anywhere near it, CM is still King..:)
09-21-2008, 12:51 AM,
Haven't heard anyone mention CMBO. Does CMBO run with Vista?

One nice thing about CMBO is that it doesn't even require any game patches, and I could survive if I at least had CMBO to play...because one day, I will have to upgrade my pc...(mostly because when I bought this one from Staples [bad decision] it didn't have a slot for an improved graphics cards, so even on Day 1 it was unable to run newer games at the time, like ''Rome: Total War,'' etc., etc).

:(
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."
09-21-2008, 12:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-21-2008, 01:16 AM by Mad Baron.)
PoorOldSpike Wrote:I don't care if it won't run CMBB because I'll be keeping my old PC with WinXPHome to play CM on

Hey, there's a solution! Just keep the old pc for CM! (And it would also be a great ''emergency spare'' for whenever the new pc goes down...!)

Reminds me of an old joke:
During the early days of the Space Race, the Americans spent millions of dollars and hundreds of hours developing a pen that would write in zero gravity. The Russians, faced with the same problem, used a pencil.

cheers
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."
09-21-2008, 12:59 AM,
PoorOldSpike Wrote:I'm getting a super-duper new PC with Vista in a couple months to run high-end games and sims but I don't care if it won't run CMBB because I'll be keeping my old PC with WinXPHome to play CM on, seems a simple enough solution to me for everybody to have a dirt-cheap second PC as a standby/spare like that anyway.
Incidentally my last 3 Tourneys at Blitz over the past year have all had over 9000 thread views each, not bad for a so-called 'dying game'..;)

PS- I've looked at every WW2 tac game that has come out in the 7 years since CM was launched but none comes anywhere near it, CM is still King..:)

If you live in a large city computers may be "dirt cheap" out here where I live they aren't. I'll keep my old system as long as I can.

The last time I looked views at a thread had nothing to do with being able to actually playing a game.

Good Hunting.

MR
09-21-2008, 01:23 AM,
I was hoping that since BFC was going to sell CMC that they would at least patch CMBB to allow it be played on Vista machines with good graphics.

Hopefully that will still happen. If that happens then CMx1 lives a good while longer.

Good Hunting.

MR
09-21-2008, 01:25 AM,
I copy the whole folder CMBO or CMBB on an USB stick and paste to
to the Vista program folder and it works fine the same works with SH3
you don't need to install from CD I think that's the way, I try with the install CD and it don't run.

Andre
09-21-2008, 01:49 AM,
I can't program for toffee otherwise I'd write a game that's even better than CM, that's why I've said before that if I can find one or two hotshot programmers we could team up to produce a game that'd blow everybody's socks off, me doing the layout and designing, and them doing the coding, then take an equal cut as the big bucks from sales come rolling in..:)
Any programmers out there interested?
09-21-2008, 02:47 AM,
cmbb run fine on my new laptop with Vista. I did nothing but install it.