• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMBB Dying
10-26-2008, 09:40 AM,
RE: CMBB Dying
falc Wrote:
Der Kuenstler Wrote:Right - CM won't totally die until they actually make something better.

There is something better out there right now. Its called Panzer Command Kharkov. Try it sometime......you might be surprised.
I own PCK and although it is a good product, it does not quite capture the feel like CM does. I hope that one day it does come to surpass the CM series but at the moment, there are just too many things that feel wrong, like no destructible buildings, Infantry combat is still lacking, zoom levels missing, no editor, to name a few. I will continue to support Matrix with purchases as they seem to be trying to head in the right direction but as of now, I feel it is more of a safety net, if CMx2 does not work out or no other company comes up with a better product. MR does have a point, that slowly, CM is on it's way out, like it or not.
Quote this message in a reply
10-26-2008, 09:49 AM,
Ratzki Wrote:I own PCK and although it is a good product, it does not quite capture the feel like CM does. I hope that one day it does come to surpass the CM series but at the moment, there are just too many things that feel wrong, like no destructible buildings, Infantry combat is still lacking, zoom levels missing, no editor, to name a few. I will continue to support Matrix with purchases as they seem to be trying to head in the right direction...

Agree totally with all this.

Will also point out, the guys at Matrix are listening to guys on their own forums. And not calling them names. Doesn't mean they are implementing their ideas, but I get the feeling some of the stuff fans of PC are asking for is making its way into the games. They do seem to be at least a little responsive, and at the very least, the forums - though not hugely busy - are not filled with acrimony. That's a good thing. I'm still holding out hope for Panzer Command too, and agree that it has a ways to go before it totally compares to CM, but if they keep listening to the customers, and working with them, who knows?
10-26-2008, 04:01 PM,
Michael Dorosh Wrote:Did Steel Panthers ever really change much though? They would have benefited from moving to at the very least simultaneous turn resolution. I thought SP was really great in 1995, but WaW in 2000 was kind of just a rehash, and looking at it now - it hasn't aged well. Sequential turn-play is just too rife with cheats like drawing fire with low value units, etc.

Sure, SP expanded to the modern era, platoon-size, etc., but they seemed like simple variations on a theme. I never tried the latest MBT version, so I can't speak with authority on it - did it make any major changes?

I haven't played around too much with the latest versions of SP. From what I understand there are a lot of new options, even if the basic gameplay and graphics might be similar to the original.

The active development community of SP does offer some hope that it will remain as a platform as new OS's and graphic cards come out, though. Unlike CMx1 for the moment.
10-26-2008, 07:05 PM,
From what I can see about Matrix games is that they all seem to be in 2D, I had a look at their new commanders game, it looks and sounds good but 2D does not interest me at all. Does anybody know if it is in 2D only or can it be toggeled between 3D and 2D like the campaign series ?
I am proud to be British but I thank god that I am Welsh
10-26-2008, 07:51 PM,
I have a new machine with Vista and I have more problems with CMAK than CMBB but I managed to work things out. Now both play rather well. Anyone up for a game of CMBB?
10-26-2008, 08:57 PM,
Panzer Dan Wrote:I have a new machine with Vista and I have more problems with CMAK than CMBB but I managed to work things out. Now both play rather well. Anyone up for a game of CMBB?

Sure - send me something - and congrats on getting them to work in Vista - if you have time please add your findings to the Vista thread above.

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=48351
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift