• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

POS joins FGM
09-15-2008, 05:36 AM,
RE: POS joins FGM
Bootie Wrote:
Quote:And why haven't you posted anything on FGM/Blitz on WaT?

Steve asked you several times!

I actually misread this first time around. I believed it was regarding steves wish to advertise it on the FGM.

Your right Steve did ask me to advertise the Blitz & FGM on it. As such... I may get round to it at some point.

looking forward to your posts!
visit WaT HERE!!!
Quote this message in a reply
09-15-2008, 07:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-15-2008, 07:16 AM by Mad Russian.)
Bootie Wrote:Yes ok... so in essence your saying if he posted them it is ok for the site to display them even if he asked for them to be removed.

Would it be different if he hadnt posted them there and the site still used them?

Well Bootie..................that's exactly what I was told about my scenarios that were here on the Blitz. Scenarios I didn't even upload here.

RD told me he could do whatever he wanted with them.

How is it different for other sites then?

Good Hunting.

MR
09-15-2008, 07:21 AM,
It aint. In POS opinion it is.

All about points of view isnt it.
09-15-2008, 07:24 AM,
Bootie Wrote:Steve didnt ask me... Steve asked for access to the FGM as he had been pruned from the membership because he hadnt logged on in 3 months. Pruning is done every day so I manually added him to the membership again and advised him of this. He needed to post within 24 hours or he would be pruned again.

I enabled his account for 3 consecutive days and he failed to post so I took it he wasnt interested.

He just needs to ask and ensure he posts within 24 hours and he can have access. No worries there.

As an aside I fear it will go the way as Global CM went....

Yes, I asked if you wanted to do a thread on tFMG. Just like I asked if the Blitz wanted to do their own promotional page.

I wasn't able to get back in to tFGM the first day. You never said you enabled it for 3 days so after that first day I didn't try again until I had some time.

You can come and do the promotion or not. I don't care. When I get time I'll write one for you. The Blitz is the same. You were both invited. If you come or not that's fine.

Whether War and Tactics makes it is still be be seen. Global CM won't be the only site that gets hurt if their main emphasis is on CM as the system gets older by the day.

At the moment I'm trying to get the issue with you and POS resolved and to set the matches for the Masters Tournament.

Good Hunting.

MR
09-15-2008, 07:25 AM,
Bootie Wrote:It aint. In POS opinion it is.

All about points of view isnt it.

Yes it is. I believe we just had a very long drawn out discussion about points of view.

Good Hunting.

MR
09-15-2008, 07:29 AM,
I will get round to doing it sometime over on the What? website. But I agree any site based on an aging game will soon shrivel and die.

I guess thats why the Blitz is so successful. Just look at the amount of games it caters for with new games being added all the time.

Thats why sites need to evolve, even my own FGM site will one day have to cater for other games... heck we've started with support for Advanced Tactics.
09-15-2008, 08:23 AM,
Bootie Wrote:BTW Im liking the OOB's over at WaT? can I 'borrow' them?

As our introduction says...everything we post is public.

Hello,

We would like to invite you to our website.

With your membership you will step into a new world.

The three of us Koen, Steve 'Mad Russian' and Henk 'Stoffel' have a dream.

A dream about a website which combines wargames and history. All in one place.

One place for all times.

On our website you will find scores of articles about history, OOBs, pictures, data, weapons, and maps.

Our website is a place where people can get information or post about anything they are looking for about war from the past to the present.

We also count on you , our members, to post YOUR maps, OOBs, articles or anything else you care to share with us.

All data you share with us becomes public, it can be used by any other member or visitor of the site. The goal is to research information only one time and have it on record in a single place from then on for all to access.

Help us create a site where the history and the games come together.

The WaT team.

Good Hunting.

MR
09-15-2008, 10:32 AM,
This has got to be the dumbest post yet. POS Joins the FGM! So what. Should I put up a post when I join the Book of the month Club? Lord Bane joins the Jelly of the Month Club! Dumb.
Lord Bane (FGM)
09-15-2008, 10:45 AM,
I agree but hey ho.... I kinda got embroiled when it veered of topic like a car crash on a hillside.
09-16-2008, 12:56 PM,
Lord Bane Wrote:This has got to be the dumbest post yet. POS Joins the FGM! So what...

Work it out gentlemen; the name POS is synonomous with stunning screenshots, awesome tactical posts, superhuman wit and intellect, so I thought I'd send a ripple of excitement around the CM community by announcing to an excited world that I've joined FGM, thereby boosting membership as my army of loyal fans follow me here to swell the ranks..:)