• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Test Post
08-30-2008, 07:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-30-2008, 07:44 AM by umbro.)
RE: Test Post
Hi there Jason (et al)

Things are going great - I am still in Hawai'i, just competed at the IVF World Championships (outrigger canoe paddling) in Sacramento, prepping for the Molokai Hoe (the long distance world championship)

On a whim I dropped in to look at how things were going and saw that Huib was taking my name in vain again!

Seriously, if you hook me up with access to the source code I will fix the ratings system issue. It has always bugged me. There is a recalc function in the metauser control panel page, but it is a pain that the system does not calculate a spot average for ratings.

BTW, how do I get my hands on this new fangled version?

umbro
Quote this message in a reply
08-30-2008, 01:33 PM,
Hi umbro!

A pleasure indeed! Glad to hear you're well and active! Hope the competitions are going well!

You can find the latest version of the Campaign Series here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/318/...ign.Series

Note the 1.03 UPDATE near the bottom right of the screen. This will be changing to 1.04 UPDATE in next week or two.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
08-30-2008, 10:50 PM,
umbro Wrote:This bug occurs due to some bright sparks getting confused about whether a good rating should be high or low and then changing their mind and re-rating the scenario. The system carries a running average rather than a spot average for ratings. These two do not match (as has been noted). I should probably have made the rating system use the spot rating mechanism but I remember that there was a good reason why I did not (not that I can remember that now - part of the aging process I suppose!) :-(

umbro

Hopefully, a Senior Officer will get in touch with you to give you access or perform any changes that need to be done to the code for you?

Good to see you post again, even if only temporary.
Maybe the new Matrix version will entice you back to playing? :smoke:

Ed
08-31-2008, 07:11 AM,
I do the recalc, but have to do it manually... of course not by counting every result Big Grin thanks to Umbro there is just "push the button" thing... unfortunately I'm not every day on-line

Regards

Slawek
"We do not beg for Freedom, we fight for it!"

http://swalencz.w.interia.pl
08-31-2008, 07:20 AM,
Jonathan,
Glad to hear you are doing well.

You might like the new Matrix edition. I remember you were working on a large Dutch 1940 scenario a few years back. Well, in 1.04 the Dutch forces have been given a complete historical overhaul. The entire 1940 army composition is now available in the org editor.

Meanwhile I have editions of the maps you were using for Holland in my private collection, so eventually, time permitting, the 1940 campaign will be "scenariolized"

Huib
08-31-2008, 12:11 PM,
Huib:

You remember correctly. I purchased the most expensive book that I have ever bought to complete the maps for that scenario - Grote Atlas van Nederland 1930-1950 - which had a complete set of contemporary german Truppenkarte at 1:50000 scale.

It was to be called "Eine Brucke zu weit". I seem to remember that I completed much of the mapping, but the OOB turned out to be a pain. I will definitely take a look at the new version and perhaps resurrect that project.

umbro
08-31-2008, 01:50 PM,
umbro Wrote:Huib:

You remember correctly. I purchased the most expensive book that I have ever bought to complete the maps for that scenario - Grote Atlas van Nederland 1930-1950 - which had a complete set of contemporary german Truppenkarte at 1:50000 scale.

If you ever want to sell that atlas, do let me know!

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
08-31-2008, 06:34 PM,

It was to be called "Eine Brucke zu weit". I seem to remember that I completed much of the mapping, but the OOB turned out to be a pain. I will definitely take a look at the new version and perhaps resurrect that project.

umbro

LOL I have that Atlas too. It was sold out very quickly. Used copies are almost 1000 $ now.
08-31-2008, 09:30 PM,

umbro

That's good to hear!