• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Test Post
08-26-2008, 12:00 AM,
Test Post
Just trying a test. I posted yesterday and it didn't appear on the forum. Very odd.
Quote this message in a reply
08-26-2008, 12:05 AM,
RE: Test Post
Well that seemed to work. The post I made yesterday was my yearly gripe about the rating system not working. WF: Hells Corner is rated at 2.1 even though it has no ratings under 4. As a designer it's annoying to see a scenario rated so lowly due to an error but worse as a player it makes it hard to find the good scenarios. I thought this problem had been fixed but it appears not. Can anything be done about this?

Cheers, Chris
08-26-2008, 03:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-26-2008, 04:23 AM by Huib Versloot.)
Umbro has programmed that part. He seems to have left us permanently. Hope he is doing well.

I guess anyone with PHP skills be able to fix it, but I can be wrong.

Huib
08-26-2008, 05:23 AM,
It was in another forum area.

Technical
Yesterday 3:55 PM -
https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=47727

Ed
08-26-2008, 05:28 AM,
Hobbes Wrote:Well that seemed to work. The post I made yesterday was my yearly gripe about the rating system not working. WF: Hells Corner is rated at 2.1 even though it has no ratings under 4. As a designer it's annoying to see a scenario rated so lowly due to an error but worse as a player it makes it hard to find the good scenarios. I thought this problem had been fixed but it appears not. Can anything be done about this?

Cheers, Chris

Complete Player Voting Stats

# of Total Player Votes 6
Average Balance Rating 3.67
Average Entertainment Rating 9.17
Member Balance Entertainment

Tiger 88 4 8
Tiger 88 4 10
Nort 4 9
Laza 2 8
Peiper 5 10
Deutscher Landser 3 10

Two reports have it rated below a four.
But, you are correct. The scenario lists have it at 2.17, though when you click to look at the details of who played it there is a rating of 3.67.

It looks like a good one! :smoke:

Ed
08-26-2008, 05:47 AM,
Chris meant the stars rating. On a rating of 1 to 5 stars it was never rated lower than 4 stars, yet the average rating shows 2,13 stars.

It's a weird problem. Some scenario rating averages are allright and others are miscalculated.

Huib
08-26-2008, 07:30 AM,
Where do the stars come into play?
I must have missed the field where they are shown. What if a player rates the scenario for balance and entertainment but does not report a star? Does that account for the difference?

I really do not like the "new" system but, it is the only one we have? We are kinda stuck with it?

What do the stars really mean anyway?

Ed
08-26-2008, 06:03 PM,
The stars are an "overall" rating of the scenario the player can give. Compare it with the star rating system for books at Amazon.com or for movies at IMDB.com. The text field allows for a small review.
The fields are not mandatory so I like it, but it's a bit of a drawback that the averages are not calculated as they should.
08-30-2008, 07:25 AM,
This bug occurs due to some bright sparks getting confused about whether a good rating should be high or low and then changing their mind and re-rating the scenario. The system carries a running average rather than a spot average for ratings. These two do not match (as has been noted). I should probably have made the rating system use the spot rating mechanism but I remember that there was a good reason why I did not (not that I can remember that now - part of the aging process I suppose!) :-(

umbro
08-30-2008, 07:27 AM,
Holy crap, umbro!!!

Good to see you!!

Hope all is well!!
Jason Petho
Send this user an email