• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How to kill uber Axis tanks?
08-26-2008, 10:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-27-2008, 04:13 AM by Kool Kat.)
RE: How to kill uber Axis tanks?
Montana Grizz Wrote:I've learned two lessons the hard way:

Don't even bother to attack a target that has big German tanks and a great field of fire; find another way to win the game.

I agree. :) As a Russian player will quickly discover, it is usually best to engage the heavy German AFVs on their flanks or rears, with superior numbers. Russian tank commanders must also accept the fact that they will lose some armor in encounters with German tanks.

Montana Grizz Wrote:NEVER move your superior armor through a wooded area or choke point until or unless you have explored it with infantry or small mobile units.

Agree again. :) German superior (quality) armor can be overwhelmed by Russian superior (numbers) armor. At point blank range (adjacent hexes), the German superior range advantage is negated... and the Russian; with more armor units, can absorb some losses and still return fire to get German armor kills.

Montana Grizz Wrote:There was once a question about what one thought was the most important single aspect of a game. There were many opinions, but mine and the majority of others was recon.Those Panthers and Tigers can't hurt you if they can't see you.

Wise advice. Big Grin Recon may be one of the most under rated aspects of CS. Burn up your recon units early and you essentially have "blinded" yourself for the remainder of the game. How many times have commanders kicked themselves and wished they had a cheap recon unit to explore that clump of trees ahead or look around that bend in the road? Instead, they are forced to utilize a more "expensive" AFV unit to "snoop around" and may end up not being able to extract it from any trouble.

Montana Grizz Wrote:Of course, I seldom use this logic and hence my very poor win/loss percentage????????

Eek
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
08-26-2008, 10:21 PM,
RE: How to kill uber Axis tanks?
1925frank Wrote:Maybe it's just me, but something about MWest's sister suggests she enjoys a good dance.

She does stay in shape.... :whis:

:smoke:
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply