• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scenario Design Article, We need some...
08-26-2008, 07:34 AM,
RE: Scenario Design Article, We need some...
von Schwarze Wrote:Thanks Foul, I saw that and looked at the sticky, very good indeed.

Thank you and keep up the great work! :)
Quote this message in a reply
08-26-2008, 08:50 AM,
von Schwarze Wrote:Zemke, I really don't think you know that I am Glenn's "sleeping partner". Look at the credits in all the PzC games. Between us, we have designed more scenarios than anyone else I can think of, that is why I wrote the article. BTW it looks like you have been around since 2003, why don't you write one?:cool:
I believe i am correct in saying that although Zemke has been around since 2003 he has been over at the CM ladder and has only recently started to play around with PzC.

So i think he would have been unaware of your position as a scenario designer for PzC titles.
08-26-2008, 05:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-26-2008, 05:46 PM by Volcano Man.)
Von Schwarze is about as experienced ( and especially old ) as they come. The article was written a long time ago but it is still extremely useful. I think that article is what got it all started for the scenario editing actually, before it was written I think there basically wasn't any user created scenarios out there to speak of.

Oh, just kidding Blackie about the "old" comment; I don't want to get beat up at the next Tillercon.
Send this user an email
08-26-2008, 11:06 PM,
<Oh, just kidding Blackie about the "old" comment>

I don't think he was kidding. :)
08-26-2008, 11:36 PM,
Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote:<Oh, just kidding Blackie about the "old" comment>

I don't think he was kidding. :)

Big GrinBig Grin:smoke:
Send this user an email
08-27-2008, 03:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-27-2008, 03:52 AM by Zemke.)
Yeah I can just see people looking over my profile wondering "who is this upstart?"

I am pretty new to this game system and starting playing PzCm in March, after I had bought Fulda Gap several years ago, but just didn't appreciate the game system. Being new is why I wondered about the lack of articles written and posted on the Blitz.

But Cm has no posted articles either, and I am not going to write one now. But when I think I have something to contribute, I would love to write an article about PzCm. The only PzCm topic I could write on is why I like it, which I am sure people would rather hear from you old timers out there tell us how or why the game does what it does.
08-27-2008, 03:57 AM,
I found what I was looking for, Dog Soldier's "What every PzCm Player should know" posting is perfect. Only suggestion is put those articles under the article section also, would have save some typing...but then if I had looked closer....Excellent Post Dog Soldier!
08-27-2008, 05:30 AM,
OK Ed, I owe you one, in the back I mean, wait til the next TC my friend, or, if you want more maps. David, same for you, you be nice or you will end up waiting. BTW is Josey a girl's name or what? Seriously guys, I took the time to look over the ooooooooooold article and really there is not much to add for a budding scen designer.
08-27-2008, 05:35 AM,
von Schwarze Wrote:<snip the old guy comments since I am up there nearly as high as Blackie :) >... Seriously guys, I took the time to look over the ooooooooooold article and really there is not much to add for a budding scen designer.

I would agree with this 100%, the article seems to cover everything reasonable and is what got me up to speed when I started doing some of my scenarios many moons ago, almost before Blackie joined us on this here Earth! I believe the article may have been present here at the Blitz at one point, although I may be wrong. I do know some other PzC items have disappeared over the years although they may not have been as meaningful now as when created too.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
08-27-2008, 06:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-27-2008, 06:36 AM by Outlaw Josey Wales.)
RickyB snipping the old guy comment sounds like he is sucking up so as not to be a target. Big Grin I'll be 48 in Oct, so I can't be far behind if ya'll are past me. :smoke:

And von Schwarze, Josey Wales is by no means a girl's name, although there are many times I feel like I am playing like Josey and the Pussycats. :censored: :censored:

I'm such a rookie compared to most here. :)