• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Modern Era Mod
08-27-2008, 10:37 PM,
RE: Modern Era Mod
Punisher Wrote:
Alpha Zwo Wrote:I suppose HPS is working on SqB - War on Terror or SqB - Somalia or probably on both and they will engage IronX to do the unit graphics. :whis:
To bad it could be a long wait for another Squad Battles game. I wish IronX could have sent the MOD out.Cry

I agree with Oz. The Africa at War Mod (the largest of its kind in the SB world) probably took Frank over year to put together and complete, and he was an extremely experienced SB designer. It looks to me as if IronX is playing around with the graphics and engine as a start to potentially getting something together, but I'm quite sure he would be many, many months away from having anything that would be viable on a larger level.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
Quote this message in a reply
08-27-2008, 11:30 PM,
When Africa mod released it had only a couple of scenarios. It took 4-5 months to have decent number of scenarios to really enjoy it. As far as I observe official title development is way faster.
09-03-2008, 03:42 AM,
Like some, I found the ES mod graphics a nice change so that was where I started my mod. Beginning with infantry, I then tackled ground and air vehicles and then additional weapons. I'm still playing around with the data files and adding/deleting units as I go. Other than a few mock missions to try things out, I haven't even begun to look at scenarios. It's a huge amount of work, but if its tackled in small chunks it seems less daunting.
For updates on my mods, visit IronX Mods Blog.
09-04-2008, 12:21 PM,
keep up the good work Ironx and please share your new discoveries.
09-12-2008, 01:54 AM,
A few new screens are now up at wargamer with more to come!
09-17-2008, 05:55 PM,
Very nice mod, but is there a reason why British and Canadian units seem to have lower morale rating than the US and the Aussies?
Only going off the pics shown of course..
09-18-2008, 01:45 AM,
The morale ratings are not yet finalized and most western forces will have the same rating of either A or B. I'm inclined to give regular soldiers a B rating and SF an A rating. The Taliban on the other hand would range from low to B perhaps with the odd leader and team even being an A.

Any thoughts?
09-18-2008, 02:54 AM,
That is good to know.:)

If you have SF units classed as "A", the British units like Paras, Marine Commandos and the Gurkha Brigade would be in the same class too and not just the regular rating of "B".

Depending on what ISAF units are included in the build, some countries would be "C" maybe in morale if not less?

I agree with the Taliban unit morale, and maybe give the Afghanistan government security forces a rating of "D" or lower?
09-18-2008, 07:12 AM,
Agreed. From what I've seen, the ANA has pretty poor morale.

At this stage I'm not planning on adding any other NATO forces, although ultimately it would be nice to include the Germans, French, Dutch and others. The game has its limits, however (as do I). I think it contains enough as it stands to make it pretty enjoyable.
09-18-2008, 07:18 AM,
You are absolutely right. Your mod will make a great new game and I am looking forward to it.