• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Modern Era Mod
08-18-2008, 03:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-18-2008, 03:54 PM by Lowlander.)
Modern Era Mod
Stummbled across this over at the wargamer forums under HPS, thought I'd better spread the good news.

http://www.wargamer.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=305722
Quote this message in a reply
08-23-2008, 01:07 AM,
RE: Modern Era Mod
I cant wait to play.
08-24-2008, 06:20 AM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: Modern Era Mod
This looks outstanding I wonder when he will be finished with this Mod?
08-24-2008, 09:52 PM,
I've got a hunch it's gonna go under wraps as "Rahamy" sent him a personal e-mail. Maybe HPS have a modern game in development.
In my opinion if HPS want to increase sales of Squad Battles games they should target ASL boardgamers, but that might open a can of worms with copyrights.
08-25-2008, 05:09 AM,
Lowlander Wrote:I've got a hunch it's gonna go under wraps as "Rahamy" sent him a personal e-mail. Maybe HPS have a modern game in development.
In my opinion if HPS want to increase sales of Squad Battles games they should target ASL boardgamers, but that might open a can of worms with copyrights.
I saw that email and I hope they dont stall this MOD. Its the best one I have seen in along time!
08-25-2008, 10:52 PM,
Lowlander Wrote:I've got a hunch it's gonna go under wraps as "Rahamy" sent him a personal e-mail. Maybe HPS have a modern game in development.

What do you mean by 'targeting' ASL boardgamers? A lot of folks that I know in the community are ASLers, and there have been many ASL game scenarios that have been adapted to the SB platform for Eagle's Strike and Advance of the Reich as third-party scenarios after the games were released. I don't think that including specific ASL scenarios within new games would be feasible because of copyright laws.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
08-26-2008, 01:44 AM,
Yes good points which I totally agree with, however I was really referring to the on map figure art which replaces the head and shoulder counters.

The game looks kinda like SL/ASL with this mod which is why z1812 Eagles Strike Mod got me interested in these games again.

Hey I had the four SL boardgames, they were gettin so complicated and finding opponents mostly at weekends was a problem.
You can find a opponent here and play every day, and actually finish a scenario, that's why these PC games are so enjoyable.
08-26-2008, 03:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-26-2008, 03:59 AM by Alpha Zwo.)
I suppose HPS is working on SqB - War on Terror or SqB - Somalia or probably on both and they will engage IronX to do the unit graphics. :whis:
08-27-2008, 10:16 AM,
Alpha Zwo Wrote:I suppose HPS is working on SqB - War on Terror or SqB - Somalia or probably on both and they will engage IronX to do the unit graphics. :whis:
To bad it could be a long wait for another Squad Battles game. I wish IronX could have sent the MOD out.Cry
08-27-2008, 05:53 PM,
Punisher Wrote:To bad it could be a long wait for another Squad Battles game. I wish IronX could have sent the MOD out.Cry

Actually 3rd party mods take more time to finish. It is not just graphics and dats. You have to make lots of scenarios for a mod. An official project will have several people working on different aspects: art, research, scenarios, playtesting.