08-18-2008, 06:43 AM,
RE: Possible improvements?
More slots for music files. :whis:

cheers
Quote this message in a reply
08-18-2008, 07:07 AM,
Guys,
You can hit the bases and vis icons on the bottom of the file while it is loading...no need to try and beat the comp :-)

VE
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
08-18-2008, 09:34 AM,
I like the bases idea and the reversable F option. Here is another minor two: If a units APs are saved for firing or unloading then after they fired or unloaded why can't they automatically turn off. Many times I don't realize that the unit still has APs left and to move just a few hexes after firing could save a tank or two by moving to a better location. It would just eliminate some of the tedium going back to all the units and checking them.

Also, I'm constantly flipping back and forth between visible hexes and reachable hexes to plan my stratagy. The V & H keys get a work out.
Is there a way to show both on the screen at one time? Perhaps using different color outlines? Just a thought.

Dave
08-19-2008, 12:30 AM,
K K Rossokolski Wrote:
mwest Wrote:Point 2. I agree that it needs to remain "as is." I believe that making movement/fire/load/unload options reversable (even when checking movement ranges) would eliminate some of the uncertainty, fog-of-war element to game play. For example; the general orders some troops to a spot on the map. He needs to get them there in a hurry, so he orders double time movement... but then as the troops move into position... he discovers that the road network would have supported "regular movement" and the troops could have arrived in better shape to take up firing positions. IMHO, this is a nice realism twist :cool:

Your second question does not make sense...these functions are reversible, always have been AFAIK. If you are trying to say they should be made irreversible, that becomes another issue.
I do like your example argument against the reversibility of the fatigue function. It is not a major issue, on my part

KK:

I may have not been clear on my response and example. I meant to state that if you have the "extreme fog of war" option enabled and you double time your units to a position - only to discover (after the fact) that you could have used regular movement to get there - that you could not reverse that order, which is how the game mechanics are currently handled under this optional rule. I do not want to see a change in how it operates today.
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
08-19-2008, 12:52 AM,
SGT Rice Wrote:I like both suggestions. The UI already allows us to specify the zoom level that replays will begin at; why not the unit displays as well?

I don't agree that being able to check doubletime movement radius reduces the fog-of-war; players can always press F2 and manually calculate all the places they can reach at doubletime. But its time consuming; I would greatly prefer spending more time thinking about tactics rather than repeatedly performing tedious manual calculations.

SGT Rice:
Would you please explain to me how you can preset the "zoom level" before watching the replay? I didn't know that was an option because my replays always start as zoom in 3D mode and I've got to try and adjust that during the replay to "zoom out" 3D mode.

- Another improvement I was thinking about is when watching your opponent's artillery replay to have the "Hot Spot" also move to hexes that are empty. This would be helpful when playing large scenarios especially now since the explosion graphic has changed I find it harder to see when viewing the replay at zoomed out 3D mode... or maybe I just need stronger glasses? :rolleyes:
Good Hunting,
Reddog
08-19-2008, 01:23 AM,
Reddog Wrote:- Another improvement I was thinking about is when watching your opponent's artillery replay to have the "Hot Spot" also move to hexes that are empty. This would be helpful when playing large scenarios especially now since the explosion graphic has changed I find it harder to see when viewing the replay at zoomed out 3D mode... or maybe I just need stronger glasses? :rolleyes:

I second this! Big time.

Dave
08-19-2008, 04:59 AM,
Reddog Wrote:Would you please explain to me how you can preset the "zoom level" before watching the replay? I didn't know that was an option because my replays always start as zoom in 3D mode and I've got to try and adjust that during the replay to "zoom out" 3D mode.

Push "m" to have the menu bar appear at the top of the screen. I think you then thump the "options" menu, and one of the options is "initial view," and you hit that, and then you choose which of the five views you want as your initial view.
08-19-2008, 05:27 AM,
Well that is really GREAT... thank you 1925frank! :thumbs_up: After all these years playing this game and having to try and adjust my view watching replays... grrr. Life has just gotten better... ;)... sweet!
Good Hunting,
Reddog
08-19-2008, 09:40 AM,
Okay, so I had this in the airpower discussion but since I always liked the idea I figured I'd throw it in here too.

How about if airstrikes could be set to op-fire with no on board LOS requirements? Kind of like having aircraft on station for targets of opportunity that they and only they could spot.

Imagine taking 4 or 5 JU-87's, assigning them to op-fire, and then hearing your opponent moan about how one of his HQ's got taken out by an airstrike when it moved. Or even better the satisfaction of finding that a column of T-34's rushing to meet your breakthrough was wrecked on the roads by air interdiction before it even got to the fight. Big Grin
08-19-2008, 02:42 PM,
Hi,

from the arty side off suggestions, i like to have the ability to target off map
artillery with my on-map and off-map artillery.If this from the range off the unit
practicable.And additional the posibbility off relocate the off-map artillery.

Regards
R-TEAM