• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A Question....
08-04-2008, 08:05 AM,
RE: A Question....
POS quote- SG told me he prefers me to go through the chain of command instead of directly to him..

SG quote- It will work fine Mick.
--------------------------------

If only...
I think we'd better take this to PM's O Great One, please check your PM's presently..
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2008, 08:11 AM,
Bootie Wrote:You may notice as well that club wide discussions have instigated the introduction of a new ladder and other games are always being sounded out for inclusion at the Blitz. Forge of Freedom is the newest addition to the Blitz game pool.

FoF is a great game. It's slow but well worth including on the list of site supported games.

Good Hunting.

MR
08-04-2008, 08:14 AM,
Mad Russian Wrote:FoF is a great game. It's slow but well worth including on the list of site supported games.

I havent played it yet but it has already been integrated into the ladders.
08-04-2008, 08:35 AM,
Bootie Wrote:
Mad Russian Wrote:FoF is a great game. It's slow but well worth including on the list of site supported games.

I havent played it yet but it has already been integrated into the ladders.

It's pretty detailed. If you like ACW you should like it. I have compared it on the Matrix site to the old Victory Games Civil War which was a favorite of mine.

Good Hunting.

MR
08-04-2008, 08:38 AM,
While I understand that Jim is very "busy", is the other owner more accessible?

Are they listed in the Chain of Command and have an email address here too?

Good Hunting.

MR
08-04-2008, 08:52 AM,
If you actually go to the Chain of Command you can see who the co-owner is. Third one down.
08-04-2008, 09:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-04-2008, 09:03 AM by Mad Russian.)
Bootie Wrote:If you actually go to the Chain of Command you can see who the co-owner is. Third one down.

Thanks. I guess I thought there was only one. Since everybody just talks about Jim all the time as the owner.

If you decide to get Forge of Freedom let me know and we can play. I would give you some pointers on it first because it's a lot to bite off when you first get it. An experienced gamer does okay with it though. The rules are very poorly written for anything other than just playing it as beginner/intermediate/advanced. If you skip a level you pay for it with the rules. Otherwise it is a GREAT strategic game.

The game is interesting in that you don't feel badly helping your opponent over some of the game mechanics so both sides play better.

Good Hunting.

MR
08-04-2008, 09:41 AM,
Is the other owner more accessible than Jim? Well, yes and no. Yes he is more accessible to me because he works here in the states at a civilian job and isn't flying about the globe Big Grin. But No, he is likely to be less accessible to you as he is pretty adamant about wanting zero interaction with people for anything other than being a regular player. A silent partner I guess you would call it.

Steve, since this discussion has grown into such a long thread, and isn't just a simple question, followed by a simple answer, and you seem intent of getting in touch with Jim, I feel it would only be fair if I advised you to be mindful of the fact that you were one of the petition signers not too long ago, and well, Jim's reaction to that was less than pleasant, and ended with "it's your decision, but as far as I'm concerned, ban all 15 of them for life, end of conversation." It was only Randy and I who decided to try and be more accommodating. So, I don't know what your intentions are in contacting him, but be advised that if he realizes you are one of the petitioners he may be less than thrilled to hear from you. Whether you mention it to him or not, is of course, entirely up to you.

Paul
08-04-2008, 10:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-04-2008, 10:58 AM by Mad Russian.)
Steel God Wrote:Is the other owner more accessible than Jim? Well, yes and no. Yes he is more accessible to me because he works here in the states at a civilian job and isn't flying about the globe Big Grin. But No, he is likely to be less accessible to you as he is pretty adamant about wanting zero interaction with people for anything other than being a regular player. A silent partner I guess you would call it.

Steve, since this discussion has grown into such a long thread, and isn't just a simple question, followed by a simple answer, and you seem intent of getting in touch with Jim, I feel it would only be fair if I advised you to be mindful of the fact that you were one of the petition signers not too long ago, and well, Jim's reaction to that was less than pleasant, and ended with "it's your decision, but as far as I'm concerned, ban all 15 of them for life, end of conversation." It was only Randy and I who decided to try and be more accommodating. So, I don't know what your intentions are in contacting him, but be advised that if he realizes you are one of the petitioners he may be less than thrilled to hear from you. Whether you mention it to him or not, is of course, entirely up to you.

Paul

Thanks Paul. I am pretty adamant about getting in touch with Jim or Mark. If you like you could have them get in touch with me. My email is on the site. Or at worst you have it. I know Randy still does. Phone calls or personal meeting is not out the question either. I've gone farther for less than what we are talking about doing here.

I will continue my efforts to get in touch with them until I talk with at least one of them or the stone cold silence gets too deafening. But I can stand alot of silence......lol.....I can just come and see if I can get Bootie to buy Forge of Freedom while I wait....he would love that game if he likes strategic mind benders. The resemblances to the war in Russia 1941-1945 are amazing.

I appreciate the warning. I didn't mention it to him. It's not about that. If he wants to know about it we can discuss it but this isn't about Blitz procedures...etc....

This thread has turned into several things. From asking a simple question to fielding questions by staff members and even TALKING ABOUT WARGAMES! Woo Hoo!!

You're the only one that really pretty much knows what this is about. I don't have any desire to make the purpose of my contact with Jim public. All I will say is that it's not about vendettas, Blitz procedures, etc... It's about fowarding the wargame community. And from you told POS earlier, about the reason for their wanting a different kind of club, I feel more inclined to discuss my communications with him than ever before.

Since this thread is wandering so much, I asked you before what you play, but we got hit with tangents, and you never answered that. So, again, what do you play here on the site? Have you tried Forge of Freedom by Matrix? Do you have an interest in the American Civil War?

At present I only play CMx1, Forge of Freedom and Panzer Commader: Operation Winter Storm and Kharkov.

Good Hunting.

MR
08-04-2008, 11:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-04-2008, 11:18 AM by Mad Russian.)
So it doesn't come as any surprise to you I've asked anyone that may know of Jim on 4 other web sites about being able to contact him as well.

Also, I believe I have a really good idea of how to contact him at work. I'll not do that though unless all other avenues of communications fail. That would mean no communications with Mark either. I figure, in todays world, I should be able to find, and talk with, at least one, if not both of them.

I appreciate all you've done in this matter so far.

Good Hunting.

MR