• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A Question....
08-03-2008, 01:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-03-2008, 01:23 PM by Mad Russian.)
A Question....
This is a question for GS or any of the staff that may know.

Does Jim read his email here on the Blitz?

I understand that he is currently serving in overseas. Can he be reached through the email address here on the site?

If this isn't posted in the right forum would you please move it where it belongs.

Thanks in advance.

Good Hunting.

MR
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2008, 09:59 PM,
RE: A Question....
The email address is valid, but how much of it he reads I can not say. If you email him expecting a rapid response I think you would be disappointed.
08-04-2008, 01:25 AM,
Steel God Wrote:The email address is valid, but how much of it he reads I can not say. If you email him expecting a rapid response I think you would be disappointed.

If I understand it correctly, and I may not, he is on deployment out of the country. I was just wondering if this email address gets responses. If he reads it that's fine, if not there are other ways of contacting him I'm sure.

I did send one here to try to contact him. I'm also trying to see if I know of anyone else in the community that may have a direct line to him. I have quite a few contacts where I believe he is deployed. Not knowing exactly where slows the search a bit.

I would be willing to wait until the end of the year for an answer to my query. By that time I may be in the same part of the world I believe him to be in anyway.

It pertains to the small discussion we had in the last email I sent you and one of the choices you pointed out to me in your last post here. They seem to dovetail nicely together. Something I hadn't actually thought of until you pointed it out to me.

Good Hunting.

MR
08-04-2008, 01:34 AM,
Steve;

Honestly, I don't know where he is at any given moment, although it's obvious, it sometimes bears repeating that we are not all located in the same place and although we work together on the Blitz, we don't always know much more about each other than you and I do. The nature of the internet.

Can you email him, yes by all means feel free. Will he answer you? I would be guessing. If it concerns Blitz business my guess would be you would not get an answer, as when his schedule changed he put Randy and I in our current positions to handle these issues for him, and the only stuff he currently gets directly involved in is the stuff that requires him personally as his name is on the "legal documents".

But you have nothing to lose by trying.

Paul
08-04-2008, 03:36 AM,
Steel God Wrote:Can you email him, yes by all means feel free. Will he answer you? I would be guessing. If it concerns Blitz business my guess would be you would not get an answer, as when his schedule changed he put Randy and I in our current positions to handle these issues for him, and the only stuff he currently gets directly involved in is the stuff that requires him personally as his name is on the "legal documents".

But you have nothing to lose by trying.

Paul

Emailing him about Blitz business doesn't even seem worth the while. If he had to conduct all the Blitz business why would he have you and Randy here at all?

No, it's more about the "legal documents" end of the site.

Good Hunting.

MR
08-04-2008, 04:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-04-2008, 04:04 AM by Mad Russian.)
I would also appreciate anyone with any information that might lead me to getting in touch with Jim Mays, the owner of this site, to email me.

Thanks in advance.

Good Hunting.

MR
08-04-2008, 04:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-04-2008, 07:27 AM by Steel God.)
So having read the various threads MR, you arent happy with the way things are run round here.

So, we change everything the way is run round here to make YOU (and your WaW comrades happy) ?

Dont you realise this club is MORE than playing CM, because until you realise this fact you remind me of a whining baby who complains because they cant get their way, who doesnt care if they upset the majority as long as their selfish goals are attained.

Edit: Some inappropriate content removed. SG
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
08-04-2008, 04:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-04-2008, 07:28 AM by Steel God.)
Antoni Chmielowski (FGM) Wrote:So having read the various threads MR, you arent happy with the way things are run round here.

So, we change everything the way is run round here to make YOU (and your WaW comrades happy) ?

Dont you realise this club is MORE than playing CM, because until you realise this fact you remind me of a whining baby who complains because they cant get their way, who doesnt care if they upset the majority as long as their selfish goals are attained.

Edit: Same content removed as was removed from original post SG

Thanks Antoni. But those discussions are over.

This thread is not about how things are run here.

Good Hunting.

MR
08-04-2008, 04:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-04-2008, 05:00 AM by Antoni Chmielowski .)
Mad Russian Wrote:
Antoni Chmielowski (FGM) Wrote:So having read the various threads MR, you arent happy with the way things are run round here.

Dont you realise this club is MORE than playing CM than is played over @ WaW ? - are you jealous that the blitz is way bigger than WaW ?, so go back to your favourite place and stay there, because until you realise this fact you remind me of a whining baby who complains because they cant get their way, who doesnt care if they upset the majority as long as their selfish goals are attained.

Good Hunting.

MR

Are you sure ???

Or is it about your attempt to put a far more popular (and better run) CM site out of existence ?

And before you ask ... I didnt get this from the WaW site..
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
08-04-2008, 05:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-04-2008, 05:17 AM by Mad Russian.)
Antoni Chmielowski (FGM) Wrote:
Mad Russian Wrote:

Dont you realise this club is MORE than playing CM than is played over @ WaW ? - are you jealous that the blitz is way bigger than WaW ?, so go back to your favourite place and stay there, because until you realise this fact you remind me of a whining baby who complains because they cant get their way, who doesnt care if they upset the majority as long as their selfish goals are attained.

Good Hunting.

MR

Are you sure ???

Or is it about your attempt to put a far more popular (and better run) CM site out of existence ?

And before you ask ... I didnt get this from the WaW site..

I post both here and at WaW. What I say on either site is open to the public. That's not an issue.

I have never mentioned putting any site out of business and that certainly is not what I have in mind now.

I don't know why you would think that is the case here but I assure you it's not. To make that more specific, and very plain, so there can be no misunderstanding, I do not now, nor have I ever, intended to put this, or any other, wargaming site out of business.

Quite the opposite is true. I spend my time trying to bring mostly CM gamers, but not just CM, together in inter-site tournaments. At the moment I have one that is finishing up, of which you were a part of, and two more to start before the end of the year.

Also, to clarify a serious misconception, that I may have had a hand in forming, I hold no malice to anyone on this site. Not Randy, POS, Bootie, Wigam or SG. NO-ONE!! All I've ever asked is that the rules be the same for all posters. Especially, that Mods uphold the same criteria they judge others by.

Now, this is not going to become a discussion thread for anything other than my attempt to contact Jim Mays. My interest with him is of a personal nature. SG and I had a discussion about the direction I would like to see the wargaming community go. He had some suggestions that I might consider. All I've done is take his suggestions a step further.

The discussions of how this site is managed on my part are at an end. Neither side is moving from their position. There is nothing gained by continuing to discuss the same old positions over and over. SG was absolutely correct when he pointed that out and I agree with him on it.

I hope I've answered your concerns. If not, in this case, I agree with the Blitz management and that you should email or PM me directly.

Good Hunting.

MR