07-31-2008, 02:07 PM,
RE: M'44 Problems with Fury's VM version
Well, it looks like the file I'm using is:

File Name: Minsk.map
File Size: 1,797kb
File Type: MAP File
Date Modified: 5/29/2007 5:39 PM

Is that the map file you've got?
"History is replete with historically stupid campaigns that make great games." Marquo
Quote this message in a reply
07-31-2008, 03:26 PM,
Sgt Barker Wrote:Well, it looks like the file I'm using is:

File Name: Minsk.map
File Size: 1,797kb
File Type: MAP File
Date Modified: 5/29/2007 5:39 PM

Is that the map file you've got?

That is the one I have.
08-01-2008, 01:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-01-2008, 01:55 AM by Sgt Fury.)
Guys,

Could someone please send me the details of the problem and I will have a look. It is working fine for me and others who are playing the campaign. Fury at Wonderdog dot homeip dot net.

And from what I have read here it appears that someone is not patched-up to the latest M44 version. I know the latest version is at Glenn's site, for my stuff.

Dave
08-01-2008, 01:57 AM,
Sgt Fury Wrote:Guys,

Could someone please send me the details of the problem and I will have a look. It is working fine for me and others who are playing the campaign. Fury at Wonderdog dot homeip dot net.

And from what I have read here it appears that someone is not patched-up to the latest M44 version. I know the latest version is at Glenn's site, for my stuff.

Dave

Dave,

I too suspect some people aren't patched up.

I will send you the file I have.
08-01-2008, 02:04 AM,
Appreciate your involvement Fury. Really looking forward to a team game here, and want everyone onboard and running well!
"History is replete with historically stupid campaigns that make great games." Marquo
08-01-2008, 03:44 AM,
If you haven't already done so, open the scenario file in textpad or notepad and see what the three OOB, PDT and MAP file references are? After that, just make sure you have exactly those files. It sounds like a filename may have been changed(?).
Send this user an email
08-01-2008, 04:09 AM,
Just reinstalled from scratch and all appears ok. However, I think I know what the problem may be. Everyone needs to be using the latest version: 1.1. I attach it here for your enjoyment.

Problem most likely is a mixture of 1.0 and 1.1. 1.0 had a custom PDT, 1.1 has eliminated the need for this custom PDT (relies on patrolling to handle partisans).

Guys please make sure to download and install the attached version (this is the one from Glenn's site as well). It contains all the missing artwork for the SS that some compained about too.

Dave

Attached Files
.zip   M44_Byelorussia_V11.zip (Size: 555.08 KB / Downloads: 14)
08-01-2008, 04:45 AM,
Big Grin

It looks like the game was created using 1.0; I'm using DaveGilles_M44_Byelorussia.zip which isn't the latest. And my game is working! :)

Hiroo, how do you want to handle this? I suggest we all gear up to the latest and greatest version and start the game over.

Let us know!

Thanks all!
08-01-2008, 08:03 AM,
Yes, everyone should download the attachment of post #17 in this thread and we'll start again.

Everyone check in and confirm you have this patch!
08-01-2008, 08:59 AM,
Got it!