• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Tiger Stalk
07-14-2008, 11:37 AM,
RE: Tiger Stalk
Ahem.....cough, cough......what I meant was, the 76mm is a lethal tank-cracker and can easily punch through the side armor of Tigers. Just ask the survivors of my Tiger crew.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
07-14-2008, 11:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-14-2008, 12:08 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
GAME #5 end, Jobu's Tiger is taken down..

It started in the top left corner and fired straight down the road to kill one of my T-34's on turn 1 (out of frame), so I hurled my remaining 5 at it and started peppering the beast and got lucky as a shot immobd it, signalling its death knell..
"You ain't going no place now bub" say the T-34's and put it out of its misery..

[Image: joba-1.gif]

Tac note - I roughly estimate for every 12 hits by T-34/76's on Tigers, 8 shots will bounce, 2 will partially-penetrate, 1 will fully-penetrate and 1 will immob it or damage its gun, (the ratio of partials and fulls increases slightly if you can get side/rear hits), so all the T-34's can do is keep brutally clubbing it until it falls..

[Image: duel.gif]
07-15-2008, 05:29 AM,
GAME #7 ongoing, Proniakin's Tiger wipes out half my T-34's on turn 2..

My right-flank column runs head-on into a lurking cat, it spits at them and butchers them all (red X's), they fire wildly back in blind panic a few times but only get a mix of bounces and misses and it yells at them "you've been x'd"..

[Image: prontiga.gif]
07-15-2008, 10:23 AM,
GAME #6 end, Jobu slaughters the Tiger
As usual I charged my Tig off the green start line on the theory that a moving target is harder to pin down, and it worked for a while as it knocked out 4 T-34's one by one that were trying to run it down.
But it's luck runs out as one of the remaining pair gets a quick clean kill with this shot..

(Of the 5 games finished so far, the Tiger has won 3 and the T-34's have won 2)
2 more games still ongoing.

[Image: job-ru.gif]