• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Rules on completion of Campaign Bonuses?
07-07-2008, 04:09 PM,
RE: Rules on completion of Campaign Bonuses?
Dog Soldier Wrote:Never heard of the 125 turn limit. That is not something I had agreed to or was enforcing.

Dog Soldier

I must have had a "senior" moment over this! :rolleyes:
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2008, 12:15 PM,
Foul,

RickyB had the same idea, so it must have been an interpretation of some sort at one time.

No worries.

Completion of CG's is a rare occurrence. Most CG's are decided well before the turn limit is up. Thus players do not see the need to continue and resign gracefully. The combination of a balanced CG with two players of equal skill grinding it out is a rare thing.

The CG scenarios are historically very accurate for this hobby which means one side or another has an edge to begin with. This does not detract from the fun, just something that makes going all the way infrequent. The time alone to play that many turns means many CG's go on for about a year at least.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
07-08-2008, 01:24 PM,
OK, so it awarded for playing SM 8 or greater scenarios. But does it require playing a CG to the bitter end, i.e. the turn limit of the scenario?

And where is this described in the Rules of Engagement (or elsewhere)?
07-08-2008, 03:30 PM,
Liebchen,

Awards like the CG completion bonus are discretionary for the ladder custodian to hand out. They are not covered in the ROE. As custodian of the HPS OPs ladder I am the arbitrator of such awards.
The intention of the award is to recognize a particular game that "went the distance".
Hopefully the game was tense and enjoyable for both players and not "bitter" or tedious in any aspect. Consider this award as icing on the cake. A cake already eaten.

Dog Soldier
- Wyatt Earp
07-16-2008, 04:59 AM,
I assume this applies to team games?
07-16-2008, 05:14 AM,
Zemke,

I have never seen a team CG go the full span of turns to be submitted for the CG completion bonus. Guess there could always be a first time.

What did you have in mind?

Dog Soldier
- Wyatt Earp