• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Rules on completion of Campaign Bonuses?
07-06-2008, 04:22 AM,
Rules on completion of Campaign Bonuses?
What are the rules about point bonuses upon completion of a campaign game?
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2008, 05:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-07-2008, 04:11 PM by Mr Grumpy.)
RE: Rules on completion of Campaign Bonuses?
You need to send the final turn file with the password to Dog Soldier [email protected], if it all checks out ok he will award the bonus. :)

The bonus is awarded for any CG or a scenario of SM8 (or larger).

Forget the 125 turn limit, i got that wrong. :(
07-06-2008, 06:08 AM,
Foul
Are you sure on the rule of thumb being 125 turns Kusk Campaign is only 121 turns long and so would not qualify that cannot be right sir.
P.S As you can see still working on that postcount :-)
07-06-2008, 06:29 AM,
My understanding in the past is that any campaign scenario can get the award, plus any longer scenario - I think that is where the 125 turns minimum came from. That covers other custom or large scenarios that someone may play, while also covering all the campaigns that come with the games.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
07-06-2008, 07:25 AM,
Brian and Darran may have changed it when the formalized it in writing, but when I first started giving of CG bonuses I awarded them I believe to games of SM 8 or better, AND any of the stock CGs that come with the games.
07-06-2008, 07:31 AM,
Well the question came up some time back "how big does a scenario need to be to get the bonus" and after some debate the 125 turn figure was agreed.

For instance the Salerno CG is 80 moves, while Sicily is 350 so it was agreed a minumim figure was needed, you might argue for a "sliding scale", but so few players reach the last turn of big scenarios it is not worth putting time and effort creating one IMO.

Now it may be the case that this figure can be flexible to some degree and a 121 turn game may still qualify? :chin:

I expect Brian will add his thoughts on this soon.
07-06-2008, 07:36 AM,
Steel God Wrote:Brian and Darran may have changed it when the formalized it in writing, but when I first started giving of CG bonuses I awarded them I believe to games of SM 8 or better, AND any of the stock CGs that come with the games.

Ok i was not aware of how you did this Paul, i can understand the SM 8 or better, but back then i don't think there were CG's with as few turns as 80, so that is where the minimum figure came from i think. :chin:
07-06-2008, 07:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-06-2008, 08:01 AM by von Waldenburg.)
As Paul, Rick or others say I think any stock CG qualifies along with other big custom scns, I remember getting a couple of CG bonuses for MG'44 campaigns that are, the longest one, about 101 turns (Increased forces custom campaign, very good scn btw).
07-06-2008, 08:53 AM,
Where is any of this discussed on the Blitz site? I can't find it, knew nothing about it.
07-07-2008, 03:48 PM,
I was using the parameters as outlined by SG. Any stock CG or scenario SM8 or larger.
Never heard of the 125 turn limit. That is not something I had agreed to or was enforcing.

The idea was to notice long games that required nearly all the turns to reach a decision. Think of it as a question of balance, both the scenario and players.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp