• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PC: Tunisia?
07-04-2008, 01:17 AM,
RE: PC: Tunisia?
Al Wrote:
alaric99x Wrote:....I'll buy any PzC or MC title they put out.

That's my thinking, too. :smoke:

Rather than do some boring work, I did a little checking on some land areas.

For example, Sicily has an area of 25,706 sq/km.
The Crimea has an area of 26,200 sq/km
Tunisia alone has an area of 155,360 sq/km. Now granted the southern half of Tunisia could be taken out but in order to make a viable game (IMO) that area would need to be made up by expanding both east & west.

I agree however, Tunisia would be a cool game but wonder if the map would indeed be a major hurdle. :conf:

Could you try to stop ruining everybody's beautiful fantasies with your unpleasant facts?
Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2008, 02:18 AM,
Just cut and paste the map. A Tunisia title have everything a very sure bestseller.

Crimea, yes a new title there too.
07-04-2008, 02:43 AM,
I think Glenn said it wasn't big enough.

Did he mean number of troops or the map?

I can't remember.
07-04-2008, 03:01 AM,
if they want a good map of tunisia why not use google earth? i'm sure the terrain has'nt changed that much.
07-04-2008, 03:02 AM,
Oh and is there a new pzc coming out?that would be good news.
07-04-2008, 03:55 AM,
HirooOnoda Wrote:I think Glenn said it wasn't big enough.

Did he mean number of troops or the map?

I can't remember.
Boy it took some searching and i had to blow the dust off it, but here it is from the archives, it seems that the amount of turns at 2 hours a go was an issue..........

https://www.theblitz.club/archive/showth...?tid=34404
07-04-2008, 04:05 AM,
So dont make a map of All of Tunisia. Screw Monty and the Mareth line; I want the battle of Kasserine Pass.
07-04-2008, 04:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-04-2008, 04:23 AM by Al.)
Bagration Wrote:Crimea, yes a new title there too.

Actually, I think this area holds a bit more promise for a PzC title. There's a lot more to the battle for Crimea than just the siege of Sevastopol. The Soviets mounted one of their few amphibious assaults at the eastern end of the Crimean peninsula that might have succeeded had it not been so poorly executed.

There is a DVD out that does a fairly good job of covering the action in the Crimea. Aside for a few glaring errors (the narrator keeps calling one of the German armies by the wrong name & there's only one part, not two) it's really worth it for the rare footage alone. It is #6 in the Battlefield series. About $15 at Amazon.

Osprey has a volume in their campaign series that covers the siege of Sevastopol. Not sure if covers all the action in Crimea, however.
07-04-2008, 05:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-04-2008, 05:26 AM by Bushido.)
Al,

I have the Osprey book. It is short but superb. It concentrate on the battle in 1942 when Manstein took Crimea. Oh yes it covers all action in Crimea.
07-04-2008, 11:48 PM,
I’m actually playing The Gamers OCS board game of Tunisia. No question about snapping up a PzCa Tunisia for me. The idea just benighted my day of a possibility of such a HPS game.

Caius