• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PC: Tunisia?
07-03-2008, 03:31 PM,
PC: Tunisia?
Why not Tunisia? If we can have Tobruk and EA'42, then I don't see why we can't have Tunisia, given that there were larger forces involved.

Germans: 10th, 15th, 21st PzD and part of Herman Goering PzD.
90th Lt, 164th Lt, 334, 999 AK, Von Manteuffel Inf Divions.

190th, 501 and possibly the 504 at the end of the campaign Pz Bns!

Numerous other independent formations, including everybody's favorite Ramcke Inf Bde.

Italians: Centaro Armd

GGFF, La Spezia, Pistoia, Sperrga, Trieste Inf Division
and many other lesser formations.

English: 1st, 6th and 7th Armd.

1, 4, 46, 50, 51, 78, 2nd NZ, 4th Ind and many other lesser formations.

Americans:

1st Armd

1, 9, 34 Inf Div (huge units actually).

Free French:

Algiers, Morocco, Oran.

So why not a Tunisia game?
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2008, 03:47 PM,
RE: PC: Tunisia?
Hiroo,

fully agree!

Is it coming tomorrow? You know what day it is :)
07-03-2008, 04:03 PM,
Usually the games are released on Friday.

No, I have no idea what the next release would be.

Just lobbying.
07-03-2008, 04:17 PM,
This has been spoken about before and Glenn seemed to give the impression that it was a non starter, but i cant remember why??

Anyway, never say never..........;)
07-03-2008, 04:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-03-2008, 04:30 PM by Bushido.)
Hiro: Where I live tomorrow is the first friday in the month.

Foul: If I remember right it had something with the lenght of the full campaign to do

But I have a strong feeling that this is an incoming title...pure guessing of course.
07-03-2008, 09:35 PM,
From what I recall, the single largest limiting factor on what games get made tends to be quality period map sets. With a theater like Tunisia that could very well be the case.
07-03-2008, 10:46 PM,
Here is the way I see it.......Length of a particular campaign? BAH Period maps? BAH

Ever see the movie Field of Dreams? Kevin Costner was told "Build it, they will come". I say "Make it, they will play".

Torch/Tunisia and filling the gaps from Graziani's Offensive to Tunisia for a complete North African campaign including the Middle East and East Africa with strategy options for Greece and Italy Toe to the Po are my two biggest wishes for the series.

People are playing the 750 turn Normandy, the big War in the Pacific, the big Nato/WP camp in Mc, some of the East Front titles, many forces with lesser turns so why not the Med with more turns and lesser forces?

I think there are plenty of people out there who would be committed to playing.......or maybe should be committed for playing. Big Grin

Nike said "Just do it"

Pardon the pun, but speaking from a purely "white boy's" point of view........"SIZE DOESN'T MATTER!" hahahah I really crack myself up sometimes. :smoke:

Enquiring minds want to know.......and play!

Cater to the consumers.

Of course all this is said with total respect for the game gods :bow: cheers
07-03-2008, 11:22 PM,
....I'll buy any PzC or MC title they put out.
07-04-2008, 12:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-04-2008, 12:53 AM by Al.)
alaric99x Wrote:....I'll buy any PzC or MC title they put out.

That's my thinking, too. :smoke:

Rather than do some boring work, I did a little checking on some land areas.

For example, Sicily has an area of 25,706 sq/km.
The Crimea has an area of 26,200 sq/km
Tunisia alone has an area of 155,360 sq/km. Now granted the southern half of Tunisia could be taken out but in order to make a viable game (IMO) that area would need to be made up by expanding both east & west.

I agree however, Tunisia would be a cool game but wonder if the map would indeed be a major hurdle. :conf:
07-04-2008, 01:08 AM,
I was also thinking about this topic these days.I am widely agreed with you,guys.Tunisia must go on CD!