06-29-2008, 10:40 AM,
RE: Nothing like a dame
[Image: killer-chick.gif]

[Image: kc.jpg]

http://www.talkingproud.us/EditorChoice041103.html
Quote this message in a reply
06-29-2008, 11:04 AM,
I'd ask the ''Women's Death Battalion'' babe out for a drink, if we could agree to leave our rifles at home..! haha
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."
06-29-2008, 11:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-29-2008, 01:07 PM by Steel God.)
RE: Nothing like a gay!
DevilThomas Wrote:Do you also see this as a celebration of the "diversity" of modern armies? Do you long to be "embedded" with these gay solidiers?
Oh I see...its ok to be a sexist pig as long as its done in a British way? I would suggest sir ........that sexism in any style is the product of an impoverished mind. The women and men in these pictures deserve respect for their accomplishments....not to be objectified and leered at.

And which One of these lads is your picture.. they're all rather cute don't you think?

I Approved of the thread and I don't think it's any different than the same thread over on GS that you've not said a word about. In my opinion it appears you're simply looking to cause grief HERE with POS, but not anywhere else where your pals would have to deal with the issue. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt however, and we'll let your little inkling of disruption slither by for now.

I salute the ladies and the gays here for their willingness to put on a uniform and serve their countries. I wouldn't want to be embedded with any of them however, I have a wife, and any man knows 1 woman is too many already. Eek
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
06-29-2008, 11:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-29-2008, 12:42 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
[Image: women-pils.jpg]

http://pratt.edu/~rsilva/sovwomen.htm
06-29-2008, 11:59 AM,
Here is an observation, as an old infantry soldier myself (but not of WW2 vintage--haha--I'm not that old)...

The woman with the sniper rifle (due to a scope?) seems to be holding the common Soviet Mosin-Nagant carbine. I have one of these at home today (and provide a somewhat poor scan).

I also provide an internet image of the same rifle.

The rifle's bolt ''handle'' does not come down alongside the rifle as pictured with the Soviet woman's rifle. It is always above a parallel plane with the rifle.

Just a little trivia, and I supect the wartime photo may have been doctored just a teeny bit for a better picture??

Attached Files
.jpg   300px-Mosin-Nagant.jpg (Size: 44.71 KB / Downloads: 16)
.jpg   scan0001.jpg (Size: 9.69 KB / Downloads: 10)
06-29-2008, 12:15 PM,
It could be bent down to accommodate the Scope, as looking at the bolt throw from your pics, it would be at least 60 degrees or more up and thus Right next to the scope or very close to it. which could cause a problem with scope settings or even a jam in getting one's gloved fingers caught between the 2.

just my observations on the 2 variants
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
06-29-2008, 12:39 PM,
You are right. I just tested mine, and when you open it, the bolt handle is straight up...and you couldn't do that with a scope mounted. So they modified the handle for sniper scopes!....

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead!

Those clever Russkies!!!!....... :)
06-29-2008, 12:45 PM,
Found this in the Tac forum-

[Image: lyd.jpg]

YOUTUBE LIDIYA- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU0DJGidz...re=related
06-29-2008, 01:21 PM,
RE: Nothing like a moron!
RedDevil Wrote:
DevilThomas Wrote:Do you also see this as a celebration of the "diversity" of modern armies? Do you long to be "embedded" with these gay solidiers?
Oh I see...its ok to be a sexist pig as long as its done in a British way? I would suggest sir ........that sexism in any style is the product of an impoverished mind. The women and men in these pictures deserve respect for their accomplishments....not to be objectified and leered at.

And which One of these lads is your picture.. they're all rather cute don't you think?

I Approved of the thread and I don't think it's any different than the same thread over on GS that you've not said a word about. In my opinion it appears you're simply looking to cause grief HERE with POS, but not anywhere else where your pals would have to deal with the issue. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt however, and we'll let your little inkling of disruption slither by for now.

I salute the ladies and the gays here for their willingness to put on a uniform and serve their countries. I wouldn't want to be embedded with any of them however, I have a wife, and any man knows 1 woman is too many already. Eek

Ta ta now, run along little squeaky wheel

As usual...you have seemed to have missed the point once again...to objectify and and reduce these fine women to pin-up girls ..is sexist, insensitive, and wrong.

Even Pos now has changed his posts to include these individuals names and accomplisments. These women are heroes...and deserve to be remembered for their bravery...

I just joined GS a couple of days ago...haven't seen girly posts there...I will go look ....and if true..... I will post my disagreement there...but pointing to bad behavior at GS does not justify bad behavior here.

I don't think I have ever posted anything here about Pos...I usually like his CM posts. I'm sorry you think I am trying to cause something here...I just find sexism offensive.

As to your insulting tone and denigrating comments...that is so typical of you RD...as I remember...that behavior has caused you some trouble and loss in the past here.

I don't know how to tell if a guy is cute...I'll take your word for it.
But since you asked...The picture I think is cutest is this one...

What a hump..er.. I mean hunk!

Like I said ... Pos seems to understand now...so I have no further complaint or input.