• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Return of the Tournament Coordinator
06-26-2008, 11:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-27-2008, 12:06 AM by RedDevil.)
RE: Return of the Tournament Coordinator
one who manages tournaments and can reward medals in the officers barracks.

Is there some sort of direction you're going here with all these questions about tournament managers, coordinators, and masters? Do you wish to become one as well? or is your interest merely to consume time of others with some sort of 20 questions trivial banter about POS, in hopes to find a flaw in something that you can manipulate for your own entertainment?

Otherwise I'm beginning to see some sort of perversion with the position, but only in terms of how it relates to POS. You've never asked these questions when Vulture or Koen were given such titles, nor was your interest perked when other members stepped up to the position in other communities.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
Quote this message in a reply
06-27-2008, 01:10 AM,
I think they were fair questions. I didnt even know there was a 'tournament manager' position - it isnt referenced in the description of the 'tournament coordinator' & if you do a search on 'tournament manager' in the CM MB you dont find any hits prior to a week ago. Before I posted, I actually looked at vultures profile, and he isnt listed as one.

My interest was based on my desire to reward those who participated in the Sith tourney with a ribbon and bonus points. How do you see perversion in that? Or is it just that you have a problem with me?
06-27-2008, 01:32 AM,
Come on now lads, let's not start this again :(
06-27-2008, 01:50 AM,
I think your questions were answered several posts ago and many if not ALL of your queries pertain only to POS, rather than the manager position. So yes it was a peculiar assessment of your inquiries.

RE vulture: If you're inactive, you lose the status. If he returns and starts up tournaments, he will be returned to that status upon request.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
06-27-2008, 01:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-27-2008, 02:41 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
Let me clarify things- a few months ago Blitz made me tourney manager and put it in big red letters in my player stats, look-
[Image: tm.gif]

And they also gave me the keys to the back office so I could go in and pin medals to peoples stats and award them standard tourney bonus points.
I wrongly assumed my job would therefore be to do it not only with my own tourneys, but with everybody elses tourney too.
However now Randy has explained to us that I'm not the only Tourney Manager at Blitz, and that the other managers must manage their own tourneys because their tourneys are nothing to do with me.

I'm perfectly fine with that because it's extremely time-consuming and tiring to work through the list of every single competitor one by one, pinning and awarding (as you'll find out when you do it yourself) and if I had to do it for every tourney besides mine it'd have sent me bananas..:)
So to avoid further confusion I've asked him to remove the title 'Tournament Manager' from under my screenname, and i'll go on managing my own tourneys only..:)

PS -and to remove 'CM Tactical Analyst' too, in case that also causes confusion..:)
06-27-2008, 01:59 AM,
I will do as you ask, God Forbid we don't need any more confusion than already exists
06-27-2008, 03:47 AM,
Glad that's sorted then! :rolleyes:
06-27-2008, 02:22 PM,
RedDevil Wrote:I never said it was impossible, just difficult. The advantage of my being CM commander AND 3rd in command here at the club meant it was simply easier for me to do things without needing to go up thru the CoC and get things uploaded, as well as rewarded. Now it needs to pass thru a few hands to get it done.

Okie doke. Thanks for the clarification. I guess we can live with that.

RedDevil Wrote:We prefer vague as the ladder commander has to have leeway in how he wants to run his ladder and without restricting his limits, we offer that ability.

Okay, wasn't trying to limit anyone. I just thought since the current policy you stated in your first post is not mentioned in the tourney rules and seemed to differ from past practice, it might be helpful to clarify it in the rules section. But if you feel differently, that's cool by me. I stand ever willing to trust the judgment of the staff on these issues.

RedDevil Wrote:I find your comment about "flashing" a false badge rather undermining of the system we have here to reward people for their efforts with a visual item, in addition to points, and quite frankly it reeks of a personal issue you seem to have with those who have them and flash them.

I'm truly sorry if I offended those who flash their badges. I was just stating my personal opinion - didn't know anyone would take it seriously enough to feel it undermined the system. However, after thinking about it, I think I changed my mind. I do think I see the value in such a system, and think it is a wonderful idea to reward those who contribute and participate. If I offended anyone who participated in our Sith tourney looking forward to the prospect of points and badges, I'm very sorry. Go get them bonus points, folks - and if you have badges, by all means, flash them!

Thank you, sir, for taking the time to answer my questions! :)