• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Return of the Tournament Coordinator
06-25-2008, 04:30 AM,
Return of the Tournament Coordinator
The rumor is that POS is returning to the blitz and taking back over his position of tourney coordinator. That is good news.

Hey POS, can you create a ribbon for all the participants of the Sith tourney and award them?
Quote this message in a reply
06-25-2008, 05:33 AM,
RE: Return of the Tournament Coordinator
Colonel Talvela Wrote:Hey POS, can you create a ribbon for all the participants of the Sith tourney and award them?

Yes, thats just what I want...a ribbon ...so I can remember my defeat!!! The Sith are truely evil!Eek
06-25-2008, 07:14 AM,
I could make a ribbon for the Sith Tourney.

I've made a couple for the FGM.

Just give the order, Colonel.
06-25-2008, 07:37 AM,
please do mikey. If I was making it, I would try to do something military looking, but with a strong hint of "star wars" or "darth rupreicht" in it. But beggars cant be choosers

Thanks mikey!
06-25-2008, 01:15 PM,
Don't forget to put a cork on the end of my ribbon, so I don't poke my eye out with it...
06-26-2008, 01:31 AM,
Sith Wars Tourney Ribbon/Medal/Award:

[Image: SithWars-1.jpg]

I think it's sexier that a Scantily Clad Princess...

What say you, Sithies??
06-26-2008, 09:27 AM,
I like it. POS, can you give a ribbon and bonus points to all the Sith tourney participants?

Thanks. And welcome back!
06-26-2008, 10:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-26-2008, 10:12 AM by RedDevil.)
I don't think your Sith tournament is POS's responsibility, He's a tournament manager, but only for tournaments he sets up and runs.

We have several tournament managers here at The Blitz, including whoever set up and ran the Sith tournament.
That person is responsible for getting medals and points rewarded.
By getting approval from the ladder commanders, you should have established any rewards system and a process for rewarding them prior to the end of said tournament. If none were established and approved by the ladder commander, then that is the fault of the tournament manager for his failure to keep things organized.
These rewards get applied when the tournament ends, not during.
It is rather difficult to approve things post-tournament as well, when they should have been done before hand.
Check with your ladder commander for more details, in case you haven't already to ensure you're up to date on how tournaments and their rewards are implemented.

As per club rules # 21 Tournaments
Each Ladder sponsers periodic tournaments. The Tourney Master establishes any specific parameters not contained in the established club rules, including prizes, bonus points, and any specific tourney badges.

All ladder members are welcome to play, as long as they meet the tournament parameters.

Although the Tourney Masters establish the general rules that guide play for their respective tournaments, regular club rules, ie. cheating, discontinuing, etc. will still apply and all infractions will be referred to the Ladder Commanders for review.

Players who sign up should make themselves aware of the tournaments theme, parameters, and commit themselves to the entire length of the tourney.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
06-26-2008, 10:56 AM,
So it seems that Bootie would be the man to approve (or disapprove) badges/prizes suggested by the persons running the tourney?
06-26-2008, 11:43 AM,
McIvan Wrote:So it seems that Bootie would be the man to approve (or disapprove) badges/prizes suggested by the persons running the tourney?

Correct Ivan.