• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

OFF TOPIC - Axis & Allies
06-20-2008, 12:27 AM,
RE: OFF TOPIC - Axis & Allies
Big Joe Wrote:RedDevil,

You say you have all 6...nice. How do like the Pacific game compared to the Europe game? I have thought about getting the Pacific game.

played the pacific game a few times. IMO, it has some neat aircraft rules, but all Japan has to do is concentrate all assests on india and I dont think that the allies can stop them.
Quote this message in a reply
06-20-2008, 12:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-20-2008, 12:35 AM by junk2drive.)
Best I ever did as Japan was to ignore China/Russia and take SE Asia quickly so as to have factories outside of Japan. Managed to conquer China, Eastern Russia, then across SW Asia to Egypt. But as the Japanese found out, trying to supply from long distance and defend against the USA, is futile.
06-20-2008, 12:49 AM,
I've been reading the revised edition rules and like them a lot better - except the battleship damage rule. THe new rules say they now take two hits to sink - if they only get one hit in battle then you just place them back out on the map - they are just magically "repaired" somehow.

Well, multiple hits was a good idea due to the expense of these ships - I adapted my capital ships to take several hits - 4 for battleships and three for carriers - I then took my reference cards and put drydock areas on them - when ships are damaged you then have to move them to "drydock" and pay to fix them before placing them back out at your nearest coastal factory.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
06-20-2008, 01:16 AM,
Big Joe Wrote:RedDevil,

You say you have all 6...nice. How do like the Pacific game compared to the Europe game? I have thought about getting the Pacific game.

I like the Pacific game simply for the sea fighting (big fan of Sea combat, I enjoy the Axis and Allies War at Sea Miniatures game as much as any )
using your carriers wisely, one can really put the cramp on Japan's efforts to slap India around which others have mentioned as a easy win for the game.
Japan has to get real lucky to beat down the US ability to outproduce them in a long game tho.
While it may seem impossible, it's not and the dice will make it fun
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
06-21-2008, 12:17 AM,
I have to admit that when I joined The Blitz back in 2005, I was surprised that with so many ladders that there was not one for A&A. At that time I was playing A&A and A&A Europe by email just as I was playing CMBO PBEM. I was using MotCreations Mapview to PBEM. I will have to search my files to see if I still have the program and an A&A modules for it…Yea I will have to do that.:chin:
Big Joe

**visit the H2H section and help the designers by testing their scenarios**
06-21-2008, 09:32 AM,
The only thing i liked about Axis & Allies was the movement of the infantry across the battlefield
06-21-2008, 12:57 PM,
Well I think I've monkeyed with my game and house rules enough to be satisfied until the mega version with Italy comes out this October.

Randy - I checked out the game store here in St. Louis like you suggested - there was a bulletin board for players but mostly for fantasy wizard stuff. Will keep looking.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
06-21-2008, 10:16 PM,
Put your own note up, looking for gamers, most of the fantasy gamers play A & A too :)
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
06-21-2008, 10:28 PM,
Big Grin:whis:

Sirs.

Once again.

Any reliable players up for a multiplayer PBEM of
Gary Grisby´s World at War ?

Regards, Klaus
Sic transit Gloria Mundi !
06-21-2008, 11:59 PM,
Jolly Roger Wrote:Big Grin:whis:

Sirs.

Once again.

Any reliable players up for a multiplayer PBEM of
Gary Grisby´s World at War ?

Regards, Klaus

Don't know anything about the game. Is it Computer or board, and do you have any useful links ?

Vulture
"What we do in life, echoes in eternity..."
Send this user an email