• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Kharkov 43 Back Hand Blow
06-11-2008, 12:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-11-2008, 12:19 AM by Lowlander.)
RE: Kharkov 43 Back Hand Blow
You can also find some really good art at www.campaigns-france.org/ which you will find to the left of the screen under Telechargements.
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2008, 10:34 AM,
Big Grin Thanks for the sig line, Marquo! cheers
"History is replete with historically stupid campaigns that make great games." Marquo
06-12-2008, 05:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-13-2008, 04:24 AM by Zemke.)
Marquo,
I noticed you have made subordinate units of the SS Regiments break down into 300 man subordinate units, which there seems to be too many subordiante units to be Battalions, and too many men for Companies, yet the subordiante units have 300 men per. Are those representative of Companies or Battalions? If companies, 300 men per company is too high, and if Battalion, then 300 is too small. Could you clarify please?

PS
Tried to send this question to your listed e-mail, but it got kicked back, or I would not have publicly posted, my apologies.
06-12-2008, 08:34 AM,
I will check my profile and correct my email address if needed. It is [email protected]

In fact each of the ss regiments had 3 battalions. However, for the purpose of the game (very large map in relation to the paucity of Axis units), I made the designer decision to allow the regiments to break down into 1/5s rather than 1/3s. The game plays better. However, if you are a purist, and want to use battalions, then you can break them down into 1/3s and I can give you the name of each battalion commander (found in the back of Nipes, "Last Victory in Russia." Trust me, assume regimental command rather than battalion command and you may survive...maybe.

Marquo :)
06-13-2008, 04:29 AM,
What I would prefer is Battalions that broke into companies, but it sounds like the stress on the "small" units in the scenario is too great.
06-13-2008, 11:46 AM,
Let me know how it goes.

:-)