• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Kharkov 43 Back Hand Blow
06-10-2008, 09:04 AM,
Kharkov 43 Back Hand Blow
Is there a scenario out there that does the German counter-offensive around Kharkov Jan 42 to March 43? I looked over the Kharkov campaign map, and it would support the battle. Just wondering if someone has already made one?
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2008, 09:10 AM,
RE: Kharkov 43 Back Hand Blow
I thought the game would have included scenarios for Manstein's counter-offensive in Feb to Mar 43....but I guess not, or the game would have been called Kharkov 42 and 43....lol
06-10-2008, 09:18 AM,
There is, in the scenarios section. I've loaded it, I think the emphasis is playing German against Russian AI, because only a stupid person would do what the Russians did.

https://www.theblitz.club/scenarios/show...5&ladder=3
06-10-2008, 10:03 AM,
In addition to Rick's scenario, I created one called "The Flashing Sword of Retribution (FSRgold file)." It starts end January and finishes in March (421 moves). It recreates Operations Star, Gallop and the Backhand Blow (if the Axis makes it that long).

History is replete with historically stupid campaigns that make great games........

Marquo :)
06-10-2008, 10:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-10-2008, 10:06 AM by Steel God.)
This scenario is bigger than the one Jazman posted there is another by Marquo which has been played several times and the balance looks good based on reported completions.

https://www.theblitz.club/scenarios/show...5&ladder=3
06-10-2008, 10:13 AM,
Excellent, I downloaded both.
06-10-2008, 10:52 AM,
Marquo your "The Flashing Sword of Retribution (FSRgold file)" look great but there is no Art for the SS Infantry, am I missing part of the files?
06-10-2008, 12:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-11-2008, 01:12 PM by von Nev.)
Hey Zemke. Do a search of previous OpS posts. I seem to remember this was addressed before.

I believe the solution was that you had to copy in the SS art folder from a PzC game (like Kursk) that had SS units in them as the original PzC Kharkov game does not have any SS units. Once you did this I believe you still had to tweak some of the names of the art to correspond with what Marquo used.

Or . . . somebody can send you the folder with all the work already done. I would do it if my computer did not crash a couple months ago and I lost it. Fiery
06-10-2008, 12:34 PM,
Yes, von Nev's answer sounds correct. I recall the SS units were missing because the original game had none. I want to say Marquo had included a read me file in there though that addressed that and told you how to amend it (or so I thought).
06-10-2008, 12:39 PM,
I will take a closer look at the read me file/files. The other Kharkov 43 campaign game did have art, but the names are different, but I think I can fix that.

Now all I need is an opponent!