• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Player Profile #15 Foul.
04-21-2008, 06:55 AM,
RE: Player Profile #15 Foul.
alaric99x Wrote:
Foul. Wrote:LOL yup all the poor folk left in your wake will be cursing about "those damn krauts" and "who won the war anyway", remember if you are pretending to be a German driver you must drive no more that three inches off the car in front and never, never queue
if you can jump to the front! :)Big Grin:P;):stir:

You seem to have had some experience with German drivers, but we only use those rules here, even the French don't drive like that. You forgot another important rule, "Stay in the passing lane as long as possible whenever some impatient idiot is trying to get ahead of you."

Queue? Sorry, the Germans don't really understand that form of ordering people. They make a feeble try, but any temporary queue they're able to form usually falls apart pretty quickly.
Ahh, you seem to have established good intelligence on your subject, maybe the CIA should pull you out now?:chin::whis::smoke:
Quote this message in a reply
04-21-2008, 07:04 AM,
RedDevil Wrote:
Foul. Wrote:
tide1 Wrote:Lefty roundabouts are all the rage here in New England every time they redo a street or lay a new one it's almost certain a roundabout or 2 will be with it :rolleyes: :)

Gramps
Gramps i am glad your roadbuilders have recognised our superior traffic layouts................:smoke::chin:

just as sane as those queen's finest copying our Fast food system over on the isle, although fish and chips was a poor invasion from you lads, it wasn't a bad thing, we just made it better with long john silvers :P

I do like the robin hood show, but I wish the writers would hack a few arms and legs off for realism, rather than those instant deaths from a pokey in the belly...
That cash in the attic show is fun to watch as well, but don't you chaps have something better to do than rummage thru your mum's belongings looking for a few pounds to support your darts habits?... Big Grin

cheers
Ohhh, fish and chips! If only you could still get it served in proper newspaper, i was sure that the ink print coming off on the food added to the flavour! :chin:

I think you will find Robin Hood is realistic, people just didn't bleed the same back then, it has been proved that their turnip only diet acted as a super coagulator and they just died without the mess, i suppose you want them on the ground with no arms or legs shouting "come back and i will bite your ankles"????Big Grin

"Cash in the Attic" pah, you need to see "Flog It", now there is a real sell the old peoples rubbish type show.:bow:
04-21-2008, 07:08 AM,
FLG Wrote:
alaric99x Wrote:Yeah and (let's get really crazy) some of them have up to 3 lanes. I often drive around them 3 or 4 times in order to read the signs and find where I want to go.

Of course roundabouts are just the start. We call this marvel of traffic control the Magic Roundabout and it can be found in the town of Hemel Hempstead.

It is a roundabout surrounded by 6 others, so you have cars coming at you from all directions. The key to traversing wonder of town planning is to remember Douglas Adams advice. 'Don't Panic'. :)
I have been round that once, well i sort of went round and round and round................:rolleyes::conf:
04-21-2008, 07:37 AM,
Foul. Wrote:I have been round that once, well i sort of went round and round and round................:rolleyes::conf:

Aren't you the same guy who was just giving me advice about reading road signs so this doesn't happen?

...and here's how we understand "roundabout" in the US,

"Y'all live roundabout here?"

"We'll be seein' y'all roundabout 5."

How's that for ruthless abuse of the Queen's English?
04-21-2008, 08:45 AM,
Nice profile Darren .....you missed all the good bits out though :whis:

Given our proliference of roundabouts, there is a real problem with German cars driven in UK....none of them seem to have indicators that work..........but the horns are good :conf:

Chris
04-21-2008, 08:51 AM,
I do remember from my time in Germany they did use the horn often. Probably as much as those darn Americans :whis:

Gary
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
04-21-2008, 09:47 AM,
Foul. Wrote:Well it is all part of my campaign to help my colonial friends at the Blitz spell the Queens English properly, it is not my fault that since you left the great British Empire your language has degenerated into slang spelling!:soap::whis::stir::eek1:Big Grin;)

Now anyone for tea and a cucumber sandwich?*

*With the crust cut off obviously.
Everyone knows that should be crist, not crust, but whatever :cheeky:.

Good stuff Darran.
Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
04-22-2008, 01:14 PM,
There are a couple of roundabout's here in my town in little ol' USA. So the must be useful somehow.

However, every time I drive on it I remember that great scene in European Vacation where Chevy Chase in going about that roundabout in London. He never could "get right" and instead drives in circles in the inner lane for hours. Every time he sees the parliament building he says, "Look kids, parliament!" I still laugh when I think of it.
04-24-2008, 06:39 AM,
Well, they've been building more and more traffic circles here in Germany. At first I was kind of apprehensive, but I have to admit, they actually work pretty well at moving traffic along.

Also, just to make it clear, all of my experiences of England have been extremely positive. The Brits are really some of the most pleasant and friendly people in the known universe. Every time I travel there I hate to leave and think about the next chance I'll have to go back there again. My compliments!
04-24-2008, 07:48 AM,
alaric99x Wrote:Well, they've been building more and more traffic circles here in Germany. At first I was kind of apprehensive, but I have to admit, they actually work pretty well at moving traffic along.

Also, just to make it clear, all of my experiences of England have been extremely positive. The Brits are really some of the most pleasant and friendly people in the known universe. Every time I travel there I hate to leave and think about the next chance I'll have to go back there again. My compliments!

Glad you enjoy your trips! ;)