• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Player Profile #15 Foul.
04-20-2008, 10:01 AM,
Thumbs_Up  Player Profile #15 Foul.
What is your real name?
Darran Fowler

How did you decide upon your Blitz nickname?
I have been called "Foul" for as long as i remember, i wonder why....

What ladders are you represented on?
Only PzC

What is your favourite PC War-game?
Not only is PzC my favourite PC wargame, it is my only PC wargame, i just don't have time for anything else.

Who has been your hardest opponent?
Well early on i played Esher (who was top of the ladder), what a shock that was! Since then RickyB and Volcano Man stand out as guys you really want to beat.

How long have you been a member of the Blitz?
July 2004

What War interests you the most?
Well despite playing PzC my real interest is in the whole Napoleonic era, i also have a big interest in the small campaigns of the Victorian era, the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879 especially.

If you could choose to be present at one military historical event what would it be?
To have stood in an Allied square at Waterloo watching 8000 French cavalry bearing down on you must have been awe inspiring sight IMO.

What is your favourite War movie?
I actually prefer the old movies, of which i love "Ice Cold In Alex" starring John Mills or "The Cruel Sea" with Jack Hawkins, from modern times i thought the first 20 minutes of "Saving Private Ryan" was excellent, although after that the film lost its way a bit.

What do you snack on while gaming?
I often have a cup of tea with a couple of biscuits to "dunk".

What is your favourite and least favourite aspect of the Blitz website?
Being able to talk and game with like minded people from all over the globe is something i never quite get over, i also really enjoy running the H2H and helping with the day to day activates of this great club.

Do you own any war memorabilia?
Not a sausage.

What is the best military book you have read?
No contest, the 8 volumes of Sir Charles Omans "History of the Peninsular War" is the most amazing work of non fiction i have ever come across.

What do you think was the single most important event of WWII?
Well many people say Hitler's declaration of war on the USA, i always think that if Britain had lost the Battle of Britain that decision (if he had even gone on to make it) may not have been anywhere near as important, the survival of the UK for the whole Allied war effort was absolutely crucial, so the Battle of Britain it is.

What is the most interesting military documentary you have ever watched?
The World at War.

Which is your favourite HPS PzC title?
I love the desert titles and so i will say Tobruk, but only using VM Alt scenarios, not the stock versions.

Are there any war games catching your eye at present?
I am very tempted to try "Forge of Freedom" but will i ever have the time to play it?

What piece of wisdom would you like to pass on to your fellow Blitz members?
Just enjoy the whole PBEM experience, i have had sooo such great fun compared to playing the AI, in fact if it was not for PBEM i would have shelved these titles long ago.
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2008, 10:26 AM,
RE: Player Profile #15 Foul.
Darran didn't give you a hard time about the profile did he Lord Foul ? Big Grin

Gramps
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
04-20-2008, 11:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-20-2008, 12:01 PM by Volcano Man.)
Ahh, I thought you were withholding information on us thus far.

Very nice profile; I didn't find one single misspelling like "colour", "armour" and "centre" in the whole thing! ;)

edit: Oh wait, I found one: favourite

(you know I am just picking on you since you gave me grief about my spelling of "armor" in my profile) :)
Send this user an email
04-20-2008, 06:50 PM,
tide1 Wrote:Darran didn't give you a hard time about the profile did he Lord Foul ? Big Grin

Gramps

No gramps, he was very kind and helpful, what a nice chap!;):whis:Big Grin
04-20-2008, 07:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-20-2008, 08:03 PM by Mr Grumpy.)
Volcano Man Wrote:Ahh, I thought you were withholding information on us thus far.

Very nice profile; I didn't find one single misspelling like "colour", "armour" and "centre" in the whole thing! ;)

edit: Oh wait, I found one: favourite

(you know I am just picking on you since you gave me grief about my spelling of "armor" in my profile) :)
Well it is all part of my campaign to help my colonial friends at the Blitz spell the Queens English properly, it is not my fault that since you left the great British Empire your language has degenerated into slang spelling!:soap::whis::stir::eek1:Big Grin;)

Now anyone for tea and a cucumber sandwich?*

*With the crust cut off obviously.
04-20-2008, 08:39 PM,
I've long suspected that you Brits are bluffing with that kind of talk. I can't imagine you'd be willing to take responsibility for all of English speaking North America, even if we did ask you to take us back.
04-20-2008, 09:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-20-2008, 09:59 PM by Mr Grumpy.)
Just to be certain i am not upsetting any of my friends over the pond (or located in Germany), i am of course joking:);)

The ways in which the US/UK are so different and in other ways so similar is a source of constant fascination to me!:chin:

Anyway you would have to beg us to take you back and say you were very,very sorry for dumping us in the first place LOL Big Grin:P
04-20-2008, 10:06 PM,
Foul. Wrote:Just to be certain i am not upsetting any of my friends over the pond (or located in Germany), i am of course joking:);)

Of course, so am I.

I just live here in Germany, probably not forever. Anyway, you can forget the whole scheme, we all know you don't have room for us on that little island of yours.
04-20-2008, 10:11 PM,
alaric99x Wrote:
Foul. Wrote:Just to be certain i am not upsetting any of my friends over the pond (or located in Germany), i am of course joking:);)

Of course, so am I.

I just live here in Germany, probably not forever. Anyway, you can forget the whole scheme, we all know you don't have room for us on that little island of yours.

Hell, we were hoping we could all go over there!!! I have heard that Alaska is quite empty??? Big Grin

Yup you are correct, if one more Pole turns up we will burst........:eek1:
04-20-2008, 11:21 PM,
OK, but (fair warning) you'd better tell your motorists to gird their loins, I'll be coming up there again this year. I usually come in on the Dover ferry and, with your bass ackwards roads up there, it's always a minor drama. (Don't even get me started on those traffic circles of yours.) Happily enough, I have German plates on my car, so you know who gets the blame when I screw up on those tiny roads.