• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Player Profile #15 Foul.
04-20-2008, 11:38 PM,
RE: Player Profile #15 Foul.
Lefty roundabouts are all the rage here in New England every time they redo a street or lay a new one it's almost certain a roundabout or 2 will be with it :rolleyes: :)

Gramps
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2008, 11:54 PM,
Yeah and (let's get really crazy) some of them have up to 3 lanes. I often drive around them 3 or 4 times in order to read the signs and find where I want to go.
04-21-2008, 12:02 AM,
alaric99x Wrote:Happily enough, I have German plates on my car, so you know who gets the blame when I screw up on those tiny roads.

LOL yup all the poor folk left in your wake will be cursing about "those damn krauts" and "who won the war anyway", remember if you are pretending to be a German driver you must drive no more that three inches off the car in front and never, never queue
if you can jump to the front! :)Big Grin:P;):stir:
04-21-2008, 12:03 AM,
That's good recon ;) Big Grin
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
04-21-2008, 12:04 AM,
tide1 Wrote:Lefty roundabouts are all the rage here in New England every time they redo a street or lay a new one it's almost certain a roundabout or 2 will be with it :rolleyes: :)

Gramps
Gramps i am glad your roadbuilders have recognised our superior traffic layouts................:smoke::chin:
04-21-2008, 12:06 AM,
alaric99x Wrote:Yeah and (let's get really crazy) some of them have up to 3 lanes. I often drive around them 3 or 4 times in order to read the signs and find where I want to go.

I hate to sound boring, but we read the signs as we approach and follow the roadmarkings in order to be in the correct lane! :chin:

But hell, your way sounds like more fun LOL :bow:
04-21-2008, 12:27 AM,
Foul. Wrote:
tide1 Wrote:Lefty roundabouts are all the rage here in New England every time they redo a street or lay a new one it's almost certain a roundabout or 2 will be with it :rolleyes: :)

Gramps
Gramps i am glad your roadbuilders have recognised our superior traffic layouts................:smoke::chin:

just as sane as those queen's finest copying our Fast food system over on the isle, although fish and chips was a poor invasion from you lads, it wasn't a bad thing, we just made it better with long john silvers :P

I do like the robin hood show, but I wish the writers would hack a few arms and legs off for realism, rather than those instant deaths from a pokey in the belly...
That cash in the attic show is fun to watch as well, but don't you chaps have something better to do than rummage thru your mum's belongings looking for a few pounds to support your darts habits?... Big Grin

cheers
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
04-21-2008, 03:39 AM,
Foul. Wrote:LOL yup all the poor folk left in your wake will be cursing about "those damn krauts" and "who won the war anyway", remember if you are pretending to be a German driver you must drive no more that three inches off the car in front and never, never queue
if you can jump to the front! :)Big Grin:P;):stir:

You seem to have had some experience with German drivers, but we only use those rules here, even the French don't drive like that. You forgot another important rule, "Stay in the passing lane as long as possible whenever some impatient idiot is trying to get ahead of you."

Queue? Sorry, the Germans don't really understand that form of ordering people. They make a feeble try, but any temporary queue they're able to form usually falls apart pretty quickly.
04-21-2008, 03:53 AM,
Hell, come to think of it, even the Italians don't drive like that.

One exception; the French and Italian moped and motorcycle drivers, the kamikazes of the roadway. Those guys really have no fear at all.
04-21-2008, 04:43 AM,
alaric99x Wrote:Yeah and (let's get really crazy) some of them have up to 3 lanes. I often drive around them 3 or 4 times in order to read the signs and find where I want to go.

Of course roundabouts are just the start. We call this marvel of traffic control the Magic Roundabout and it can be found in the town of Hemel Hempstead.

It is a roundabout surrounded by 6 others, so you have cars coming at you from all directions. The key to traversing wonder of town planning is to remember Douglas Adams advice. 'Don't Panic'. :)