• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

POS Tourneys
04-09-2008, 05:33 AM,
RE: POS Tourneys
One good thing about this map, is that it doesn't look very suited for the Hetzer. You see those to much in QB's in my opinion (but you would -normally- be stupid not to pick them !).
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2008, 08:44 AM,
I think this is a great idea. It will be a difficult balancing exercise but well worth the effort and potentially highly memorable. Perhaps one way of dealing with balance issues would be that this tourney is done as a mirror format....each pair of participants playing two games, one for each side?
04-09-2008, 09:04 AM,
McIvan Wrote:Perhaps one way of dealing with balance issues would be that this tourney is done as a mirror format

Ideally yes mate but that'd make the tourney twice as long and drawn out, whereas the hallmark of all my tourneys is speed, it's already scheduled to run 6 weeks so 12 would be a definite no-no.
All my oppos get the choice of side, so i'll take my chances whatever they choose..:)
04-09-2008, 09:05 AM,
You could perhaps run both games at the same time? Of course, that might create its own issues of generating too many games for you to play at once.
04-09-2008, 09:26 AM,
McIvan Wrote:You could perhaps run both games at the same time?..

Yes but screenshotting takes more time than actually returning files, so mirrors would double that time and keep everybody waiting far too long for their files, so mirrors are out.
Even in Trident (26 games, non-mirror), the incoming files were building up while I was screenshotting, and some people were asking me if i'd received their last file.
"Yes" i replied, "i'll get on it as soon as i've finished a few more screenshots"
04-09-2008, 09:28 AM,
Fair enough. You did a great job with Trident.
04-10-2008, 03:52 AM,
Or you could make three different rankings - best German, best Russian and best overall commander.
04-10-2008, 05:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-10-2008, 06:22 AM by RedDevil.)
Hey I see a majority (at the last count) of members have voted against Randy in the poll, so I'm putting 'Perimeter' on hold til the poll is finished and the votes are counted.
I'm not sure I'd want to do tourneys, tac screenshots and silver trophies for a membership if it turns out most have * voted my mate out for doing his volunteer duties of policing forum policy in his own style..;)

*Edited to be less inflammatory and more politically correct.
04-10-2008, 05:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-10-2008, 06:21 AM by RedDevil.)

POS,

This is an inflamatory post IMHO. May I suggest that you edit down to be less inflamatory.

Also to those who want to jump on this post.

Please don't.

Thanx!

Hawk
04-10-2008, 06:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-10-2008, 06:21 AM by RedDevil.)
Hawk Kriegsman Wrote:
PoorOldSpike Wrote:

POS,

This is an inflamatory post IMHO. May I suggest that you edit down to be less inflamatory.

Also to those who want to jump on this post.

Please don't.

Thanx!

Hawk

I second that. Make no response to POS in this thread until a moderator can take a look. NO MORE FLAMES.

Cheers!

Leto