• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

POS Tourneys
03-29-2008, 12:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-29-2008, 12:41 PM by Mad Baron.)
POS Tourneys
I think many of us are already anticipating POS's next tournament!!!

cheers

Attached Files
.jpg   POS.JPG (Size: 61.73 KB / Downloads: 62)
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2008, 07:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-30-2008, 07:52 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE: POS Tourneys
Thanks mate, she can play with us anytime ..:)
HEY if anybody's got any ideas for new tourney ideas, jot them down for discussion in this thread..:)

PS - Special congratulations to Bert Blitzkrieg for taking part in all my 4 tourneys so far, here's a shot from his Players Stats page showing his stunning array of medals (Trident/ Malitz/ Pripet/ Brits v 21Pz) -
[Image: bb.png]

PS for newcomers - to see your own Stats Page click your login name as in this example -
[Image: MA.gif]

(See other peoples stats page in the same way if they're logged in, otherwise click their name in one of their posts, or go to the Members list and type in their name in the search box)
03-30-2008, 08:07 AM,
(I've probably been looking people up the hard way. haha I have been going to the CM Ladder...click on the header ''Player'' to get the names all in alphabetical order, then just search for the page that includes who I'm looking for...then click on their name to get their page...)

Anyway, I like the looks of the Pripet map. With a variety of setup zones to choose from, and no good way of knowing where you might get hit from!
03-30-2008, 12:29 PM,
from the maps I've seen of the other tourneys I'd say maybe make them a little bigger like the Pripet one and add a few more hills for challenge.
03-30-2008, 01:20 PM,
bluehand Wrote:from the maps I've seen of the other tourneys I'd say maybe make them a little bigger like the Pripet one and add a few more hills for challenge.

Agreed, Trident was a nightmare because the maps were so small with no room for wide sweeping manoeuvres. And Malitz was too pancake-flat with no bumps for going hulldown behind.
Even Pripet had its faults by being too tank-heavy with not enough infantry.
Brits v 21Pz was about the best of the bunch but the map was still a bit small, and I should have thrown in a few towed guns, aircraft and flak to add variety..:)
04-03-2008, 04:28 AM,
Okay, for everybody who's asking me what my next tourney will be, here's a preview of what I'm working on, scheduled to begin in mid-April to the same format as Trident, ie everybody versus POS.

'LAST POCKET'
(May 45 Cmbb semi-historical meeting engagement, self-purchase 3000 pts QB on large created map)

The Soviet juggernaut has pocketed a German force inside Germany in the last days of the war.
The Russian deployment zone extends around all 4 map edges, and the German zone is in the middle..:)

The Russian player can therefore deploy in one big mass if he likes and hit the Germans from just one direction like a steamroller, or he can attack from 2 or more different directions to squeeze the German pocket in between..:)

The German player will have to deploy to defend the flags which will be widely dispersed all over the large pocket near bridges, fords, crossroads, villages, railyards, hilltops etc.
Some flags will be large, others small, so each player will have to decide on a strategy that will give him most flag points by the end of the game.

Each player can decide to be Russian or German..:)
It'll be 25+turns and will run 6 weeks, starting mid-April and ending midnight June 30th.
Winner (the guy who beats me by highest margin) gets the "Last Pocket" silver trophy, a cyber-medal and 100 pts, and everybody else gets 50 points..:)

I'll start up its own thread when I've got it finalised and ready for sign-up..:)

Here's a first draft of the map, I haven't added rivers yet.
It's a huge 1 mile square (1760 metres)
[Image: lastpocketa.png]

[Image: LastPocketb.png]
04-03-2008, 05:42 AM,
POS,

Looks like your best one yet!!:bow:

Steve
04-03-2008, 06:06 AM,
I'll be throwing my hat in! Unique design, and a lot of purchase points!

Hmmm...attack or defend????....:chin:
04-03-2008, 07:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-03-2008, 07:58 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
Mad Baron Wrote:I'll be throwing my hat in!..

WHOA everybody, it's still only in the planning stages, I might even abandon it for whatever reason, so hold your horses..

PS -I mean, the Jobcentre are on my back and want me to look for a job..:)
04-03-2008, 01:48 PM,
I'd say the Germans are going to get the crap kicked out of them on this map, POS - there's too many flags everywhere to defend, there's not enough cover to hide from the big Russian HE and whatever way a German tank faces a Russian gun can start off pointing at his rear end.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift