• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Interesting news over at Matrix guys.......
03-16-2008, 05:38 AM,
RE: Interesting news over at Matrix guys.......
And the tank didn't run and hide, did it?

I started a thread over at Matrix with some differences between CMx1 and PCK.
Quote this message in a reply
03-16-2008, 06:35 AM,
Naw POS, it was just the aliens come back to check and see how you're doing these days....

Nothing so dramatic as an out of body experience. Big Grin

Good Hunting.

MR
03-16-2008, 06:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-16-2008, 10:43 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
junk2drive Wrote:And the tank didn't run and hide, did it?

No, it just kept realistically advancing on the gun like a man, "dareful, beard to beard" (Macbeth)

But in CM if it'd been conscript green or regular, the tank crew would probably have freaked and slammed into reverse or charged blindly forward in panic like crackheads.

That's why I've been telling scen designers at the Proving Grounds and everywhere else for years - "Make your tanks veteran so they behave properly".
But the anti-POS element have taken a 'blood oath' to knee-jerkingly ignore and argue with all the advice I give, and as a result they keep turning out unrealistic scens full of useless conscs/greens/regs AFV's so I usually don't waste my time playtesting their stuff any more, I just go watch 'Worlds Wildest Police Videos' instead..:)
As I tell them, "Stick with Spike or take a hike"..:)

PS let me clarify - Even if a CM scen contains mostly veteran AFV's, I still usually won't play it even if it contains just one or two con/ green/ reg crews, because I know that once the shooting starts, they'll run around like little girls bumping into and blocking their vet mates, and causing a chain reaction of total disruption and traffic chaos, totally unrealistic and ridiculous..
03-16-2008, 07:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-16-2008, 07:19 AM by Mad Russian.)
junk2drive Wrote:And the tank didn't run and hide, did it?

So what then? They just sit in one spot until they are killed? They won't back away to keep the crews alive?

Quote:I started a thread over at Matrix with some differences between CMx1 and PCK.

Where would one find this thread?

Never mind....found it...

CM compared to PC

Good Hunting.

MR
03-16-2008, 07:47 AM,
I somehow don't think it will appeal to you Steve. PCK is more of a game, CM more of a simulation. This may also be where your polar differences with POS lie. There are a large number of CMers in your group. I wonder if PCK will attract a whole new audience that is not familiar with or dislikes CMx1.
03-16-2008, 08:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-16-2008, 08:27 AM by Mad Russian.)
junk2drive Wrote:I somehow don't think it will appeal to you Steve. PCK is more of a game, CM more of a simulation. This may also be where your polar differences with POS lie. There are a large number of CMers in your group. I wonder if PCK will attract a whole new audience that is not familiar with or dislikes CMx1.

Could be.

I like the feel of the simulation but PC's got it's points too. The tutorial was interesting. And if what I'm seeing they are adding to PCK they may be moving more in a simulation direction.

Or not.

I left some comments on your thread at Matrix.

ROFL!!!! I 'm thinking if I like it I can bring a whole lot of those gamers in my group around to PC...we'll just have to see how PCK plays. All the changes they've made are all in the right direction for me.

Good Hunting.

MR
03-16-2008, 09:09 AM,
Congrats old spiker on becoming a reviewer of the forthcoming Matrix game cheers
Interesting screenshots of WS..... keep 'em coming! :)
Just hope they include a map editor with the new game. Good to hear most things will be moddable within the game. This helps keep the game alive longer.
Looking forward to your review of the new game and I know you won't hold anything back! :)
And stop sniffing that wood glue! :smoke:
Now get back to making more screenshots you slacker!!! Whip
03-16-2008, 09:44 AM,
Howdy BT, no map editor at this time and only 1k x 1k maps.

MR, having played your scens, I know you like detail and research. PCK is a good wargame, just not CM. Doubt there ever will be another CM. You can create interesting, challenging battles in PCK, but more abstract because you are the HQ and not on the front line.
03-16-2008, 09:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-16-2008, 11:28 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
British Tommy Wrote:Now get back to making more screenshots you slacker!!! :whip:

Ah mate, the glory days of Trident are long past when I was playing 25 games simultaneously and the combat footage screenshots were coming thick and fast..:)
Now there are only 4 games still in progress and the number of shots are naturally dwindling in proportion..
And when its all over I expect to be punished for such a poor win record..

[Image: spart-iam.jpg]

[Image: spart-crassusA.png]

[Image: SpartA.png]
03-16-2008, 10:15 AM,
Hi J2D,
Pity about no map editor as that would be very useful :(
I'm sure someone out there will come up with one if the game proves popular with the WW2 community :)