• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Interesting news over at Matrix guys.......
03-13-2008, 02:52 AM,
Interesting news over at Matrix guys.......
New release Panzer Command Kharkov. Is it possible this is the successor to CM?? Looks pretty darn good but the proff of the puddin is in the eating I suppose.

Link here http://www.matrixgames.com/news.asp?nid=488

- falco.
Quote this message in a reply
03-13-2008, 03:06 AM,
RE: Interesting news over at Matrix guys.......
Looks like a winner but will we finally see horses?
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
03-13-2008, 05:09 AM,
Untill they fix the infantry you can't even compare it to BB. I did not saw "improved inf" in the features list...
03-13-2008, 05:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-13-2008, 05:51 AM by falco.)
Feldfebel Wrote:Untill they fix the infantry you can't even compare it to BB. I did not saw "improved inf" in the features list...

Ermm.....not wishing to be pedantic here but its there where it says "improved infantry combat". :rolleyes:

..........Options
• Improved AI
Improved Infantry Combat
• Reinforcements.......

- falco.
03-13-2008, 06:28 PM,
Yes, I seem to remember reading on the game forum somewhere over at Matrix that infantry combat has been remodeled, not to perfection perhaps, but they have taken quite a bit of the advice from the first game's problems, and are already talking about future improvements, i.e. another game. So it looks like they are trying, slowly, but surely, to make the game more and more resemble CM. Has anyone played the first Panzer Command game?
03-13-2008, 10:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-13-2008, 10:50 PM by Mad Russian.)
Does anyone already own Winter Storm?

Can you play this game TCP?

Whether this system is as good as CM or not....at least they are working on their system. Not like BFC is doing with CMx1.....

Also, has anyone played Flashpoint Germany? That looks like it has potential as well.

Good Hunting.

MR
03-14-2008, 03:35 AM,
falc Wrote:
Feldfebel Wrote:Untill they fix the infantry you can't even compare it to BB. I did not saw "improved inf" in the features list...

Ermm.....not wishing to be pedantic here but its there where it says "improved infantry combat". :rolleyes:

..........Options
• Improved AI
Improved Infantry Combat
• Reinforcements.......

- falco.
• Improved Infantry Combat
o Infantry now come in squads and teams with differences in combat effects and casualty tolerance
o Infantry units are no longer either fine or destroyed, they now have “steps” of light casualties and heavy casualties as well, each of which has combat and morale effects. While infantry units can still be destroyed in one phase, if they are in a decent position it is far more likely that they will be gradually attrited through the several casualty steps before destruction.
o Infantry units can now be unsuppressed, suppressed and pinned, each of which has differing effects on movement and combat.
o Close assault rules have been modified to take into account more factors, including the new higher resolution casualty and suppression steps
o Infantry unit experience now plays a larger role in squad survival as well as firepower
o Separate anti-tank weapons such as rifle grenades, panzerfaust and panzerschrecks

^This is from the feature list, and as far as I remember is pretty much the same as in patched Winter Storm. As you see, there's lots of work to be done to get the inf on par with CM1, the biggest issue for me is the abstract handling of casualties.
03-14-2008, 03:44 AM,
I have to say this looks very interesting, I like the random battle generator, pity it's not going to be online play at the moment. I see also that you get points for purchasing units, I hope the units are not to restricted in their choice though. BF dropped the ball with SF looks like Matrix have picked it up and running for the line with it .. GO, GO, GO .. mmmaaatrrixxx
I am proud to be British but I thank god that I am Welsh
03-14-2008, 04:04 AM,
Sounds like Matrix is moving in the right direction with this game and I really hope it works out for them. They must know there's a lot of CM players out here looking for an improved CM style game. If it lives up to the hype, I will buy it :)
03-14-2008, 04:16 AM,
Where's the demo?