• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Interesting news over at Matrix guys.......
03-14-2008, 11:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-14-2008, 11:38 AM by Mad Russian.)
RE: Interesting news over at Matrix guys.......
PoorOldSpike Wrote:Where's the demo?

Companies are moving away from demos these days to give you action videos.

You can see the action video for this one here:

Kharkov game video

What I find extremely interesting about that video is that you watch 3 Panthers advance. The game is Kharkov 1942. There were no Panthers in 1942.

Another taste of things to come!

I would hope the in-game graphics are better than the trailer graphics. Wonder if this game is moddable as CM was.

Does anyone have Winter Storm? How are the graphics? Is the game interface any good?

What about a CM gamers perspective on this game series....

Good Hunting.

MR
Quote this message in a reply
03-14-2008, 12:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-14-2008, 01:21 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
Mad Russian Wrote:Companies are moving away from demos these days to give you action videos.
..What I find extremely interesting about that video is that you watch 3 Panthers advance. The game is Kharkov 1942. There were no Panthers in 1942.

Thanks mate, the Panther thing is bad unless they correct it in the release version..
As for action vids, Matrix should know they're not worth a spit to serious gamers..

PS -I've just mailed Matrix asking them to send me free copies of Winter Storm and Kharkov so I can do a full review for Blitz members, dunno if they'll respond..
03-14-2008, 02:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-15-2008, 10:43 AM by willow.)
I was also a little curious about the Panthers in the trailer, but I see this new game includes a Kursk campaign as well (3 battles anyway). Hopefully, the trailer is from one of those battles!

" New Scenarios and Campaigns
o German Kharkov, May 1942, 14th Panzer Division, (8 Battles)
o Soviet Kharkov, May 1942, 169th Rifle Divison, (8 Battles)
o German Mcensk, October 1941, 4th Panzer Division, (4 Battles)
o German Kursk North, July 1943, (3 Battles)
o Boot Camp Tutorial (6 Battles)"

I downloaded the Winter Storm demo tonight, with eager anticipation, and got all the way to loading the tutorial and then it crashed and sent me back to my desk top! :hissy: That was on my laptop. I'll try my PC, as I really want to give it a try.

Edit; I downloaded the Winter Storm demo onto my PC, and the same problem. I get to the purchase unit screen OK, click "continue", it seems to load for a minute, then the whole program disappears and I'm back at my desktop! Has anyone else had luck with the WS demo?
03-14-2008, 03:18 PM,
Yes, there are Kursk battles as well so that explains the Panthers I guess!...lol. I wasnt aware of this myself till I saw the fineprint.

I've already made up my mind I'm goin to buy this. Hopefully it'll turn out to be a fine game. If not, well...... theres always good 'ol CM to fall back on. :cool:

- falco.
03-15-2008, 12:44 AM,
Mad Russian Wrote:
PoorOldSpike Wrote:Where's the demo?

Companies are moving away from demos these days to give you action videos.

Well poop on them.

Does anyone have Winter Storm? How are the graphics? Is the game interface any good?

Winter Storm has a demo, you can check it out.

Good Hunting.

MR
03-15-2008, 12:45 AM,
falc Wrote:Yes, there are Kursk battles as well so that explains the Panthers I guess!...lol. I wasnt aware of this myself till I saw the fineprint.

I've already made up my mind I'm goin to buy this. Hopefully it'll turn out to be a fine game. If not, well...... theres always good 'ol CM to fall back on. :cool:

- falco.

I hope you demand a demo from them first. Don't forget the CMSF debacle.
03-15-2008, 10:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-15-2008, 10:36 AM by Mad Russian.)
willow Wrote:I was also a little curious about the Panthers in the trailer, but I see this new game includes a Kursk campaign as well (3 battles anyway). Hopefully, the trailer is from one of those battles!

" New Scenarios and Campaigns
o German Kharkov, May 1942, 14th Panzer Division, (8 Battles)
o Soviet Kharkov, May 1942, 169th Rifle Divison, (8 Battles)
o German Mcensk, October 1941, 4th Panzer Division, (4 Battles)
o German Kursk North, July 1943, (3 Battles)
o Boot Camp Tutorial (6 Battles)"

I downloaded the Winter Storm demo tonight, with eager anticipation, and got all the way to loading the tutorial and then it crashed and sent me back to my desk top! :hissy: That was on my laptop. I'll try my PC, as I really want to give it a try.

That makes for an interesting situation since the 39th Panzer Brigade, with the two Panther battalions in it, was attached to GD on the SOUTHERN shoulder. Seems they are getting a little off base with their history.

It's a natural progression though, since it was the battles around Khar'kov in 1942 that lead to the salient at Kursk being formed, and Manstein proposing that attack in the first place.

Good Hunting.

MR
03-15-2008, 11:23 AM,
Matrix have just put me on their reviewers list and sent me a free Winter Storm (full game) and are sending me Kharkov (full game) when it's released soon.
Kharkov's the one we all want so i'll do a full in-depth review at Blitz when it arrives.
In the meantime i'll do a few WS screenshots and general comments.

"Dear PoorOldSpike,
Your application to the Matrix Games Press Media area has been accepted.
With press-media status at Matrix Games you can stay completely up to date on our latest games and releases.
..you will be able to login and download all the latest Matrix Games press assets, review and preview materials.
Sean Drummy
Marketing and Press Relations Manager
Matrix Games

www.matrixgames.com"
03-15-2008, 01:28 PM,
Let me guess....if it doesn't have scenarios full of veteran tankers in it then the review will be bad enough to take you back off the reviewers list!

Big Grin

Good Hunting.

MR
03-15-2008, 01:31 PM,
Another interesting piece of information for a 1942 is this last item in their information blurb...

Greatly expanded list of German and Soviet Units from 1941 - 1944

This is getting to be interesting just to see what it is that's actually in this game of theirs.

Good Hunting.

MR