• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION
02-14-2008, 10:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-14-2008, 10:48 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE: THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION
COMBAT FOOTAGE (riverbank) - Owl's Germans engage my Brit recon halfsquad across river..

Everything comes flying across,- smallarms, grenades, even a faust..
[Image: OwlK.gif]
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2008, 12:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-14-2008, 12:55 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE (river) - Wombat launches his "Wunderschiff"..

And my Brit infantry on the far bank gaze in wonder at this bold amphibious operation..
[Image: Womboat.gif]

"Are we in any danger from that vessel Mr. Allnut?"
"Why shucks no Miss, ain't nuthin' on this river can outrun the old Queen!"

[Image: AfricanQ.jpg]
02-14-2008, 01:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-15-2008, 01:28 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE (river) - Wombats troops hit the beach under fire and the landing succeeds..

My halfsquad sprayed the boat with small-arms for most of the turn but it just carried on at walking pace and refused to sink.
The occupants couldn't fire back and took casualties (inset left).
Late in the turn it beached and they crawled up into the woods heading inland, and the empty boat vanishes (sunk) from the map (inset right)
(I looked up my infantry "Kills info" and it read '1 Assault boat destroyed')
[Image: Womboat2.gif]
02-14-2008, 08:54 PM,
LOL! I like the way wombat thinks, nice one!
02-15-2008, 01:24 AM,
that is pretty funny
02-15-2008, 02:13 AM,
COMBAT FOOTAGE (city sector) - Kawaiku's car takes out a mortar..

I was deploying the 2-inch mortar to dominate the street, but the car dominated it first with wicked bursts of 20mm fire..
[Image: KaiA.gif]
02-15-2008, 02:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-15-2008, 02:50 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
INTELLIGENCE ASSESSMENT - Wombat's amphibious operation

After exhaustively analysing this recon flight image, my staff conclude that the ultimate objective of the move was to advance inland and throw eggs at my Sherman and shoot up anything else, generally sowing consternation and panic in my rear areas.
The daring move will be discussed in military academies for centuries to come and will eventually be adopted by Starfleet Academy as a standard tactical initiative known as "The Allnut Manoeuvre"
[Image: WomG.gif]

And this portrait below will hang on the walls of military academies throughout the galaxy alongside those of Patton, Rommel, Guderian, Zhukov, Montgomery, Kirk, Picard, etc..
[Image: untitled.jpg]
02-15-2008, 05:04 AM,
LMAO....that has got to be an example of a guy who had ten left over points to use and didn't know what to buy! Wombat, you and I have got to play sometime. WTF!...LOL

Lord Bane
02-15-2008, 05:05 AM,
QUESTION to all competitors -"Who you fighting for?"

Somebody suggested to me that I can put the name of peoples clubs at the side of their name in the sign-up list on page 1.
If you'd like that to be done, let me know the name of your club..:)

Personally I'm a member of 4 CM clubs (Blitz/ WPC/ Gamesquad/ TPG), so I don't really have a single club, I'm more of a mercenary fighting under my own name..:)
02-15-2008, 05:07 AM,
You can go ahead and list me down for the FGM!

Lord Bane