• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION
02-11-2008, 12:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-14-2008, 09:45 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE: THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION
Lord Bane Wrote:If it is not too late to sign up, then I will throw my hat into the ring. I will take the Germans.

Okay welcome aboard mate i've just sent you 001 and the map..:)

PS -Memo to everybody else in Blitz and all other clubs -The competition ends midnight March 31st (or earlier if all results are in before that date) so just sign up anytime you like if you think you can rattle off 20+ turns before then..:)

[Image: triX.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2008, 01:50 AM,
COMBAT FOOTAGE (city sector) - Panzer Dan springs ambush..

His M10(?) and infantry spray and pin my German column..
[Image: DanJ.gif]
02-11-2008, 04:28 AM,
COMBAT FOOTAGE (mixed sector) - Bert Blitzkriegs infantry-carrying Shermans contest the village on turn 1..

My Germans press on in the face of an incoming tracer stream..
[Image: BBL.gif]
02-11-2008, 05:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-14-2008, 09:46 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE (mixed sector) - DasTigers Germans faust a Firefly..

"Eat zis, Tommee"..
I was trying to trundle the tank down towards the village on the left, oh well back to the drawing board..
(White line indicates the trajectory of the projectile; it can just be made out in flight at the tip of the arrow)
[Image: DT-firef.gif]
02-11-2008, 07:06 AM,
Mad Baron sent me this pic.
Hey bub, it ain't happened yet..;)

[Image: untitled2.gif]
02-11-2008, 09:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-11-2008, 11:29 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE (mixed sector) - DasTigers Hetzer guns down my Sherman..

This is the Sher that got the other Hetzer in the side in an earlier stunning screenshot (that's it burning down there), so I edge him forward slightly to squeeze off a shot round the church to get its mate in the side too..
But DasTiger anticipated my move and has pivoted to face my boy and I walk into its line of fire..
The Sher slams into reverse too late, scratch one Sherman..
[Image: DTE-1.gif]
02-12-2008, 05:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-14-2008, 09:48 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE (mixed sector) - Fluidwills Shermans come looking for trouble..

There are about 4 of them down there, my panzer gets in the first shot and knocks one out, but my Hetzer is milling around due to my sloppy too-tight move plotting and presents its side to the enemy.
Another Sherman sees it and swiftly demonstrates the old adage - "if you've got the shot take it"
[Image: FluA.gif]
02-12-2008, 08:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-12-2008, 10:44 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE (city sector) - Owl's assault gun hammers my 2 Sher 75's..

It came prowling stealthily through the scattered trees and blew away the left-hand Sher before I even spotted it, then it turned its attention to my other boy and holed him.
He fired back, saw it rico and slammed into reverse to safety behind a building (inset), no wonder he was jittery, its icon was showing as a mighty Jagdpanther..
[Image: OwlC.gif]
02-12-2008, 10:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-12-2008, 10:46 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE (mixed sector) - Jobu's 2 x Sher 76's hang my Hetzer and PzIV out to dry..

The American tanks got in the first shots and it was all over in seconds, my boys were ripped apart by 76mm gunfire before they could even think about firing back..
[Image: JobA.gif]
02-12-2008, 11:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-12-2008, 12:20 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE (mixed sector) - Mad Baron's German patrol encounters my PIAT guy on riverbank..

And swat him like a fly with a grenade and burst of small-arms fire without even stopping..
[Image: WomJ.gif]