• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Spotting Anti-Tank Rifles
04-07-2008, 12:21 AM,
RE: Spotting Anti-Tank Rifles
ATR's v Guns, Schrecks, Mortars, HMG's, Trucks

This is a follow-up series of tests to my earlier 'ATR's v inf' post.
In the main pic, I lined up 6 x 75mmPaks, but after 15 turns of continuous firing at 300 metres, the ATR's inflicted no casualties at all on the guns or the crews, they just made the odd one go 'pinned' or 'taking cover' now and again.
And at no point did the guns spot the ATR's in order to fire back, they just got the usual ghost 'sound contacts'.

INSETS BOTTOM RIGHT - I then conducted the test three more times, ATR's v schrecks, mortars and HMG's in turn, and the results were exactly the same, no casualties after 15 turns of firing.

INSET TOP - But the same test against trucks made mincemeat of them after just a few turns.

Conclusion - don't waste your ATR slugs on non-vehicles
(PS - in all the tests the ATR's ammo began getting low around turn 15 and they started refusing to fire in order to conserve it, that's why the tests only ran 15 turns)

[Image: ATRsvstuf.gif]
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2008, 09:04 PM,
I was wondering how much more effective the finnish L-39 ATR is against infantry and guns compared to PTRD/PTRS? Both ATR's blast value is 1 but the L-39 has HE rounds which could make it more effective against soft targets.
04-07-2008, 11:09 PM,
FINNISH LAHTI L-39 ATR

Ah, kiitos paljon..:)
Okay I just ran the test with 6 x Finnish L-39 ATR's against 2 x Russian infantry platoons and it caused 3 Russian casualties after 8 turns of firing HE.
(In the other tests earlier in this thread the other nations ATR's only caused 1 casualty after 15 turns)
So the Finnish ATR is definitely better against infantry..:)
(However, in QB's it's only issued with about 25 HE rounds and these quickly run out, that's why the test only lasted 8 turns)

[Image: L-39.gif]

[Image: L-39.gif]

http://www.winterwar.com/Weapons/FinAT/F...nk2.htm#20
04-07-2008, 11:31 PM,
PoorOldSpike Wrote:ATR's v Guns, Schrecks, Mortars, HMG's, Trucks

nice test POS. I've been wondering about that for a while now
07-18-2008, 10:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-20-2008, 08:31 PM by Dominator.)
When I first heard this it made me laugh for a long time:

In september 1939 polish troops had very little experience of using their KbUr antitank rifle (it was derived from Mauser rifle - 7,92mm caliber but larger cartridge and longer barrel). When they started to fire at german AFV's they were not aware of any effect done, so they thought there was none. That was the reason why later during this campaign germans have been gathering more and more reports from soldiers stating that "...Poles started to use new, very powerfull, sniper rifle..."

P.S. I'm Pole also. :P
07-19-2008, 02:14 AM,
OMG amazing
08-01-2008, 12:34 PM,
Russian ATR
[Image: RussATR.jpg]