• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

COMBAT GALLERY
01-20-2008, 12:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-29-2008, 01:42 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE: COMBAT GALLERY
CMant's tanks will have to swim..

His T-34's bullied my Hetzer earlier on, so I order 3 panzers to blow the bridge, hopefully stranding them over there or at least causing them considerable delay in finding a ford or another bridge, ha ha ha..:)
(Technical note - it took 2 turns of solid area-firing into the bridge before it blew, requiring a total of around 22 75mm HE shells)
[Image: CM-bridge-1.gif]

[Image: Kwai.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2008, 12:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-29-2008, 01:44 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
Risnervich's T-34 beats 1 against 2 odds

My small airfield garrison at top left is under threat from a Russian infantry advance (brown arrow), so I send a pair of panzers from bottom right up the road to bolster the defence, but decide to stop halfway and take out that lurking 34/85. I mean 2 to 1 odds, I can't fail, right?
[Image: RisA.png]

Oops bad call, I lose both panzers.. They penetrated the T-34 a couple of times but all they did was immob it..
[Image: RisB-1.gif]
01-20-2008, 12:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-29-2008, 01:49 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
Bert Blitzkriegs panzer battering ram kicks in the town door..

I order my 3 x T-34/85's to stand their ground in the face of his onslaught and they die to a man, taking 3 panzers with them. His remaining armour now has a free hand to sweep into the defenceless town unless I can hurry more T-34's over to feed into the meatgrinder..
[Image: BBpush-1.gif]

The citizens of this once-sleepy town will tell their grandchildren in hushed tones of the day the fire came by..
[Image: BBB-1-1.gif]
01-20-2008, 12:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-29-2008, 01:49 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
Herroberst cuts up my panzer group

Groan....I decided to move them off the exposed road and tuck them safely behind a building, but his T-34 at top squeezed off a shot around the edge of a dust cloud on the airfield, then another T-34 at top right squeezed one off when the survivors reached their 'safe' position.
Two dead panzers for no Russian losses, my guys never even had a chance to fire back....
[Image: HobAA-1.gif]
01-20-2008, 12:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-29-2008, 01:52 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
Bertrams Red Army sends clear message 'resistance is futile'

I try to resist his inexorable advance in the only way I know how, with a potent mix of 5 separate armour-slaying shots inside one awesome turn, each of which had (gulp) no effect at all!

SHOT 1 - My panzer gets a clear shot at a Stalins side through somebodys windows, but piiing!..
[Image: Bert-F-1.gif]

SHOT 2 - The Stalin reverses and a T-34 steps up to the plate, my panzer fires again but piiing!..
[Image: BertG-1.gif]
01-21-2008, 11:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-29-2008, 01:53 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
SHOTS 3 and 4 - Meanwhile my shreck guy is enraged at the T-34's for not paying a bridge toll and shooting him up in an earlier screenshot, so after regaining consciousness he lets fly at one of the felons as it trundles across, but the projectile harmlessly impacts the bridge.
Incandescent with rage, he fires again (inset) but sees the shot harmlessly splatter against the tracks without immobing it..
[Image: BertH-1.gif]

SHOT 5 - Now my halfsquad on the top floor of a burning building fires a faust at the same tank but it thuds harmlessly into the road (inset). Can nothing stop the Red Army juggernaut??
[Image: BertI-1.gif]
01-25-2008, 11:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-25-2008, 11:16 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
AIRSTRIKE!

Mad Baron's P-51B clobbers my panzers with 2 bombs which come whistling over from the panzers right flank
[Image: AirA.jpg]
01-27-2008, 09:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-27-2008, 11:26 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
Das Tiger kills my Tiger

Groan, I trundled the Tig from the left to beef up my defence of the church, but walk straight into the line of fire of Das Tigers immobd T-34/85 firing through the trees. I forgot it was there, no excuses, just my plain sloppy play (sniffle)

[Image: DTG.jpg]

PS - One of our German members just told me the correct grammar should be 'Der Tiger', not 'Das Tiger'.
Here's my reply -
"Ha ha ha, 'Das Tiger' is the screen-name of my opponent, tell him" ..:)
01-27-2008, 09:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-27-2008, 09:35 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
Tactical note to the previous pic, the T-34 fired through pine trees because there was insufficient depth to block LOS (36 metres of pines are needed to block it, but there was nowhere near that)
It's worthwhile digging this chart out of the Tac Forum to remind ourselves (including me) just how much of various terrain is needed to block LOS in summer. (But remember foliage thins out in other seasons and more depth is therefore required. Also, figures may randomly fluctuate slightly during play, so if in doubt put in more depth as insurance to shield you)
(U = unlimited, ie it never blocls LOS)
[Image: blocking1.jpg]
01-31-2008, 01:26 AM,
Always thought this was a classic: A flamthrower verses Tank Destroyer....Played from Koen : The Docks

[Image: FTversusTD.jpg]