• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

COMBAT GALLERY
01-19-2008, 03:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-27-2008, 10:40 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT GALLERY
(I just thought i'd start this thread for us all to put interesting tactical screenshots in. Some of mine have already appeared in other threads scattered around Blitz, so by re-posting them here they'll all be under one roof. Same applies to other players too, re-post here if you like, and we'll also add more from new games as we go along)
PS - The quality of mine might vary a bit (too dark/ too light/ too fuzzy/ too small/ too big etc) because the older ones were done when I didn't know as much about monitor settings, resolutions and JPEG/GIF/PNG formatting etc as I do now.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

RNL Tiger takes out 2 of my T-34/85's

His 3x PzIVH's slide down the side of a factory to confront my 3x T-34/85's and we both lose 2 tanks apiece in the shootout..
[Image: RNL1-1.gif]
Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2008, 03:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-25-2008, 04:20 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE: COMBAT GALLERY
Jobu's Russians force river crossing under fire..

Despite firing furiously, my PzIVH detachment (background) is completely unable to stem his advance..
[Image: jobus-force.gif]
01-19-2008, 04:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-28-2008, 07:26 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
Huzaar's Panther beats off 2 x T-34/85's single-handed..

PIC 1 - The Situation. All tanks are stationary. I want to nail the Panther but I don't want my T-34's to step forward into the street and have to contend with his front armour..
[Image: HuzA.gif]

PIC 2 - So I slap 2 o'clock armour-arcs on them and step backwards into a firing position guaranteed to hit him in the side, how kewl is dat!
But oops, he's stepped backwards too and I'm looking at his front armour!
A burst of MG fire from the Panth shocks the front T-34 but no matter, the other one lets the Panth have a tungsten round right down its throat but it bounces off the hull front!!
[Image: HuzB.gif]

PIC 3 - After seeing his shot bounce, the T-34 chickens and auto-slams forward, abandoning his still-shocked and paralysed mate who is quickly taken down by the Panther before he can recover and fire..
[Image: HuzC.gif]
01-19-2008, 04:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-28-2008, 07:28 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
Bert Blitzkrieg's panzer column shrugs off my T-34 interception..

PIC 1 - As BB's panzers drive on the town, my pair of 34/85s launch a strike into their soft flank but I lose both for no losses to the panzers. My boys fired twice, one missed and the other penetrated the middle panzer with no effect, they had their chance and blew it..
[Image: BBJ.gif]

PIC 2 - The middle panzer (below) calmly returned fire, nailing both T-34's one after the other..
[Image: BBK.gif]
01-19-2008, 05:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-28-2008, 07:28 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
Dogface's German infantry tastes the awesome power of a Russian SMG squad..

Amazingly this heavily-outnumbered single SMG squad in the corner of the church mowed them down like flies at pointblank range as they tried to move through the cemetery, each lethal burst of SMG fire toppling several German squads each time, killing three and driving the others back into cover chased by grenades.
PS -Dogface went on to win the game anyway..
[Image: DogD.gif]
01-19-2008, 06:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-28-2008, 07:30 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
Stndrtnfhr's squad takes out a T-34..

PIC 1 - My 2 x 34/85's are minding their own business shelling suspected enemy positions in the trees..
[Image: StnP.gif]

PIC 2 - When suddenly this German squad appears out of nowhere and calmly kneels in the road to let fly with a panzerfaust..
[Image: StnQ.gif]

PIC 3 - Action closeup..
[Image: StnR.gif]

PIC 4 - Where the Iron Crosses grow..
My tank commander sees him but it's too late to fire, here the first faust is on its way to knock out the tank followed by a grenade bundle, and then a few seconds later he fired another faust for good measure..
[Image: StnS.gif]
01-19-2008, 08:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-28-2008, 07:33 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
Airborne Bob's panzer goes on turkey shoot..

I spot his Pz IVH sploshing across a ford so I race 2 x T-34/85's to sit on the bridge to have him for breakfast while he's struggling up the bank.
The first T-34 fires and MISSES.
The second T-34 is distracted by a schreck guy on the far bank.
I'm beginning to get a bad feeling about this..
[Image: ABL.gif]

The panzer returns fire and kills the leading T-34 with its first shot.
The second T-34 suppresses the schreck then fires at the panzer but MISSES.
The panzer returns fire (here) and kills it with its first shot..
[Image: ABM.gif]

I race another T-34 over to shoot him in the back while he's still struggling up the riverbank.
Here my T-34 halts at the firing position, (the T-34 wreck next to him was shrecked earlier in the game)
QUIZ - Can anybody spot my dumb goof?
[Image: ABN-1.gif]

That's right, I forgot to give the T-34 a two o' clock armour-arc to ensure the gun would be pointing at the panzer before I hit 'Go', and as a result he arrived at the firing position with his gun pointing straight ahead, and it cost him precious seconds - and his life - to traverse it, and he was dead meat before he could fire,duh..
That bleddy panzer (which by the way has a Crack crew) has now single-handedly wrecked 3 x T-34's, almost half my entire force..
[Image: ABO.gif]

As the rampaging panzer climbs dripping out of the ford like some primeval swamp creature, I send T-34 number 4 to deal with it once and for all (remembering to give this one a 2 o' clock arc), and here he halts at the firing position and fires, but like his previous mates, he MISSES!
[Image: ABP.gif]

The Crack panzer immefiately fires back and swats him like a malarial mosquito, damaging his gun and forcing an auto-retreat (inset)
Perhaps the panzer commander is none other than the legendary Macbeth -

"As easy mayst thou the intrenchant air with thy keen sword impress as make me bleed!
Let fall thy blade on vulnerable crests, I bear a charmed life, which must not yield to one of woman born"..

[Image: ABQ.gif]
01-20-2008, 12:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-28-2008, 07:35 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
Dogface sends a Panther pack stalking into town..

I count at least (gulp) 4 Panthers advancing large as life towards the town.
I commit a platoon of 3 x T-34/85 to take one of them head on but my shots simply ricochet and I lose 2 x T-34's.
I'm getting a bad feeling about this..
[Image: DogZ.gif]
01-20-2008, 12:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-28-2008, 07:35 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
Der Kuenstler wipes out my 3 x PzIVH's

My boys ran into a column of T-34/85's, I was in loose formation instead of a tight stack. See what I mean by making your own luck, I was sloppy and lady luck bit me..
All 3 panzers in this pic are dead, for the loss of only 1 x T-34..
[Image: dkS.gif]
01-20-2008, 12:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-28-2008, 07:36 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
Stndrtnfhr's Hetzer gives payback..

I reverse two 34/85's to re-group, but make the fatal error of halting this one smack in the LOS of a lurking Hetzer down the road and it gets knocked out, I've no excuse, just plain sloppy play (sniffle)
[Image: StnG.gif]