• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

COMBAT GALLERY
06-30-2008, 07:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-01-2008, 08:41 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE: COMBAT GALLERY
Der Kuenstler's panzers demonstrate why the Sherman V's data reads "burns easily".
No sh*t..
[Image: dkL.png]
Quote this message in a reply
06-30-2008, 08:10 AM,
Bert Blitzkriegs Shermans take ville by storm..
Having lost 3 panzers earlier (their wrecks lie on Main St below), my last panzer in that sector was garrisoning the ville alone, but a burst of small-arms killed the commander and the panzer was still shocked and helpless when these 3 Shermans arrived and blew him and his tank away..

[Image: bb1.png]
06-30-2008, 08:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-30-2008, 08:13 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
Bert Blitzkrieg's Brits continue on downtown

[Image: bb.png]
07-01-2008, 08:39 PM,
My Germans try to secure a river crossing in the face of Neubaufahrzeug's Russians..
[Image: neub1.gif]

And fail.
I lost the game..
[Image: neu2.gif]
07-01-2008, 08:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-01-2008, 09:05 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
An old playtest shot against the AI in France 1940, I sent my German armour down the right flank instead of through the heavily-defended village but still lost..
[Image: DMA.png]
07-01-2008, 08:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-01-2008, 09:06 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
My Italians against Russian AI, my boys got to the main flag but it stayed neutral and resulted in a Draw..
[Image: LitItA.png]

[Image: LitItB.png]
07-01-2008, 11:57 PM,
My Americans v AI. It'd have been a waste of time taking the Panthers head on so I let them advance towards the flag then pincered them in their weak sides, the losses were enormous on both sides and it ended in a Draw..

[Image: Bez.gif]
07-02-2008, 12:04 AM,
My Germans v AI in a playtest.
My panzers knocked out all 4 MG-bunkers which racked me up a winning score, so there was absolutely no need to push my luck by going deeper into enemy territory and possibly get toasted.
I mean, there was no flag there to make it worth my while, so I halted at the tip of the arrow and sat out the rest of the game.
As I told the designer afterwards, flagless maps mean there are no objectives to aim for, and things become a little bland..

[Image: SUA1.gif]
07-02-2008, 12:38 AM,
My French lost this one against the AI.
I tried to be smart by keeping well clear of the road and advancing down the left instead, but small-arms fire quickly pinned most of my infantry, forcing my unprotected tanks to go it alone and get their lights punched out by German schrecks and fausts at close range..

[Image: KTB4.gif]
07-02-2008, 12:42 AM,
Again in another scen I go down the left, this time as Germans against the AI. My leading armoured elements reached the flag but hadn't the clout to prevent it staying neutral, and I suffered a minor defeat..
[Image: KTB1.png]