• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

COMBAT GALLERY
06-30-2008, 12:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-30-2008, 12:47 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE: COMBAT GALLERY
Jawsconans Stug is punished for blowing up the church earlier..
I send a punitive expedition of 3 x Stuarts racing down the centre to hit it in the side with a swift rapier-thrust..
[Image: Jaw-midB.gif]

[Image: zorr-1.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
06-30-2008, 12:48 AM,
Raz Atoth's German infantry go for the flag..
Glimpsing the union jack through the trees and hearing the rattle of teacups, the Germans decide to call in on the British..

[Image: RazX.gif]
06-30-2008, 12:49 AM,
As Jawsconans German infantry infiltrate the village, my Stuarts dare not approach closer for fear of a hail of panzerfausts..

[Image: JawsendB.gif]
06-30-2008, 07:13 AM,
Bootie puts the boot in..
As the 2 survivors of my badly-mauled Sherman platoon huddle in the village, Bootie sends in a fresh panzer assault to finish them off..

[Image: boo1.png]
06-30-2008, 07:15 AM,
Mugger mugs my Shermans..
As my Shermans edge cautiously forward, Muggers Marders catch them napping..
Meanwhile a big panzer thrust is coming down the road (left background)..
I'm getting a bad feeling about this..

[Image: mugger1.png]
06-30-2008, 07:16 AM,
Bootie starts a knife fight..
Up close and personal...Bootie hurls 4 panzers into my 4 Shermans vulnerable sides, even a schreck guy is joining in..
When the dust settles, 3 panzers lie dead and the schreck guy has dived down a rabbit burrow but not a single Sherm is killed.
Luckily the stationary Sherms were able to concentrate their fire into the head of the moving panzer column as it came into view.

[Image: bootC.png]

[Image: knife-fight.png]
06-30-2008, 07:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-30-2008, 07:23 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
Sphinx butchers my big Sherman group in ferocious tank battle..
I deploy 7x Sherms and 2x Wolverines in the ville but Sphinx catches them in the crossfire of his panzer groups and rips 5 of them apart, for the loss of 4x panzers.
I hung onto the ville but he bled me white in the process

[Image: sphA.png]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sphinxes panzer onslaught continues..
I hurriedly shake out my surviving Shermans into standard line-astern formation to concentrate their fire into Sphinxes panzer spearhead and fight for their lives as he relentlessly tries to take the ville by storm..

"Hang out our banners on the outward walls,
The cry is still 'They come'.." - Macbeth Act 5 sc 5

[Image: spN.png]
06-30-2008, 07:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-30-2008, 07:21 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
Panzer Dan's Pz IV (background) snipes my Wolverine..
Groan....no matter how big and powerful your tank pack is, it's still vulnerable to be chipped away by enemy tanks operating in the lone sniping role as here, where Panzer Dans boy squeezes one off down the side of a house. That happens in CM, you think a building gives you cover but there's no guarantee..

[Image: spT.png]
06-30-2008, 07:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-30-2008, 07:50 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
Der Kuenstler's panzers on killing spree..
My Shers fail to see they're being stalked by a hunting trio of panzers lining up for a classic keyhole shot between clumps of trees and houses.
Inset -the panzers pounce..

[Image: dkP.png]
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Der Kuenstler's Germans relentlessly keep up the pressure ..
Groan, his schreck guy in the church down the road blows up my Sherman and the blast from the explosion kills the Wolverine too, proving how vulnerable open-tops are to blast.

[Image: blast2.jpg]

DK is playing like I play - tight tank formations, focussed, seems to have the same motto as me - "be the hunter, not the hunted".
Waddya think Mr. Wayne?

"He'll do"..
[Image: wayne2.jpg]
06-30-2008, 07:52 AM,
Der Kuenstler's German infantry get ambushed..
Eager to give the Fuhrer a victory, his men impetuously pressed on without waiting for panzer support and walked into this storm of fire from my Brit platoon..

[Image: firefightB.jpg]