• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Elltee Vs Herr Oberst - I'm ready for a whipping (No Oberst in here please)
02-08-2008, 02:33 AM,
RE: Elltee Vs Herr Oberst - I'm ready for a whipping (No Oberst in here please)
Right change of plan - his gun ko'd a HTrack so i'm down to 1 and an A Car with no AP so its a case of bluffing the defence now and not letting his T70 through. Meanwhile at the flags one of my platoons has followed up after the Mortars and has neared the flag - just 1 MG holding them up which will be everyones target this turn - The Stugs are still holding back the flank troops - Oh and a Schreck which I sneaked into his rear to get a shot at his hiding tanks decided to KO a Carrier before being caught by a SMG squad.

[Image: HO14.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2008, 02:54 AM,
Halftrack took out the AT gun with area fire and help from the sniper - so that leaves 1 Halftrack and an A/Car vs his T70 which has now reversed out of sight - Meanwhile where the real fight is I am getting seriously outnumbered by his infantry
02-10-2008, 04:37 AM,
Oh Dear - its all gone wrong - 2 platoons are nearly dead and the other is almost out of ammo - The Stugs are all but out of HE and they have no MG's Oh and Herr Oberst seems to have infantry everywhere

[Image: HO15.jpg]
02-13-2008, 01:46 AM,
Effectively Game Over - 2 of my Stug's turned to face an ATR!!!!!! just as 2 T34's appeared out of the smoke on the road - result 2 KO'd Stugs. so all I have left is 1 Stug with no HE, 1 platoon with no ammo and a few remnants.

[Image: HO16.jpg]

However I have learnt in this battle that quantity is better than quality in close quarters fighting like this especially if that quantity is armed with SMG's. At close range the fighting is deadly and it doesn't matter how good your men are - if they are dead they are dead - I simply didn't have enough men and consequently not enough firepower to throw back - AFV's were fairly unnecessary on this map but you never know quite what you are going to get.
02-15-2008, 02:16 AM,
And the end result is a major defeat - look out for the rematch
02-15-2008, 04:23 AM,
As this ended I feel okay to enter the discussion.

Elltee was a valiant opponent and his strategy sound. I think in this case the terrain favored the Russian side.

I think my infantry (a company +), being more concentrated overpowered his in the center and I had three t-34s with cannister to back them up or turn to face any armor he sent up the road like the three STUGs. He forgot to set covered arc so when I moved two t-34s under cover of his smoke onto the road his turned to face my AT rifles and infantry (which I moved hoping to cause this) and he lost them. I saw the icons for his infiltrators so I chased them down with a platoon... I think if he had moved them instead of running them I might not have seen them until they were on my armor. The KV and gun I set up to watch the top of the road got hammered early in the game by his STUGs but he advanced no further with them out of fear of my molotov tossing infantry and t-34s that would have had flank shots.

On the Russian left flank I had two T-70s and a gun and a sniper to watch. This mix was good enough to defeat the gun armed HTs and ACs he sent but it would have been a different story if he had sent some infantry too to open that flank and come up the road from my rear. I love T-70s, small, fast, but tough and when used correctly can be very useful.

There was no action on the right flank.

Could have easily gone in his favor so I am lucky to have pulled a win. I have suggested we play again.