• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Bolt out of the Blue Full Version
01-11-2008, 08:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-11-2008, 12:44 PM by Aaron.)
RE: The Bolt out of the Blue Full Version
Hey Cesar, ive downloaded a few to make sure and they all opened for me with zip. Are u having trouble with all of them? Anybody else having trouble? Are u having trouble just opening them or they not running in the game. Do u have Danube 85

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2008, 07:51 PM,
Ah, I've downloaded onto NGP85... I thinked it was like The Bolt.. 1.0.

I think that's why I cannot open it.

Thanks Aaron.

Bests
César
01-12-2008, 04:31 AM,
No problem Cesar, hope u have D85.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
01-16-2008, 05:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-21-2008, 08:26 AM by Aaron.)
This is it accept for graphics update this is the last version 2.3 that will be posted for a few months, new .scn and .oob,the next update plans on being the last and final product,also a reason for waiting is so Michal can update all the graphics he wants before the final version. All minor changes that u probably might not even notice accept the Pact Art Div can fire support for anyone in their Army Group with the removal of the ART Div HQ. Weather u use the Art and Airstrikes by the map it dosnt matter but i do recommend the Night Fatigue option for sure.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
01-21-2008, 01:04 AM,
Hey Tazaaron,

Im having problems with some of the unit pictures. The Russian Gaurds are missing some graphics as well as the Czechs how do I fix this?
01-21-2008, 02:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-21-2008, 04:19 AM by Aaron.)
Those folders I posted up have ALL the graphics, if ur using Michals i think some of them have to be renamed but i know mine that i posted are complete. I did write one down wrong in the oob it was the Btr-152 res, it has been changed and corrected in the posted oob and will work.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
01-24-2008, 07:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-25-2008, 09:33 AM by Aaron.)
New version 2.4 is now posted, if u are playing 2.3 already theres no need to start over, only things that have changed is Nato units behind the front that would be at a lesser readiness level are now all fixed with a 50% chance of release on turn 1 and some at a 50% release on turn 2, this has been done for the same reason that Nato forward units arnt fixed so the Pact player dosnt always know where Nato units r. In this case it keeps the Nato player after playing the game a few times moving the same units to the same spots on the map the first couple turns, now the units that released the game u played before might not release till turn 2 or even 3 and adds another variable to the game to keep the same things from happening every game. The other change is VP hexes, some VP points have changed and i used a Corp level map to change every VP hex to what area a certain corp was suppose to be defending. For example the Netherlands were suppose to defend the North so the VP hexes up there are now listed as Dutch VP hexes, it dosnt effect the game but gives u an idea where everyone was suppose to be and if moving units from the Western edge to the front u could now just follow the trail of VP hexes to the area that unit is suppose to be defending.Ive been playing the Hell out of it the last 7 days and im Very happy with where the overall scenario is now, we r close to the end with this one, have 2 PBEM games starting and im going to get one going to make sure play balance is there but their hasnt been any major issues there in the past so dont expect anything now for the most part i might have to adjust VP levels since the ones i put in was an edumakated guess.

Aaron

One more thing the Polish/Czech 152mm Dana was listed as MOT which made it towed, it has been changed to PM (armored car).
Rangers Lead the Way
01-27-2008, 09:04 AM,
Tazaaron this mod is a work of art, l just want to browse over the map inspecting all the units, have used some of Michal art as well mainly MBT units, l also transfered the info bars from NGP as the DF stock one's were a bit metallic.

Have a question, in the stock scenario all the Russian 2D counters are brown however in Bolt out of the Blue the guard units are red.
Can this be converted to the stock campaign guard unit counters.

Also installed a enhanced 2D road mod by bill peters which is available over at thegamesquad, no more searching for trails/shortcuts.

Also Glenn and the HPS team have turned out another outstanding game, it's worth buying just for the OOB and information.
01-27-2008, 06:37 PM,
Hi

To change the colour of the russian guards to that of the standard russian units, all you need to do is copy the "2dsymbolsLg" and "2dsymbolsSm" bitmap images accross from the "Russian" folder to the "Russian Guards" folder.

The game then needs to be reloaded for the change to take effect.

Cheers

Chris
01-27-2008, 08:13 PM,
Chris,

Thanks for the quick reply it's just that l like to use all the fine detail available in these games.