• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Bolt out of the Blue Full Version
01-10-2008, 11:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-14-2008, 04:11 AM by Aaron.)
The Bolt out of the Blue Full Version
Well here it is, the graphics arnt all upgraded but i will change the download and let everyone know as each country gets completed. I use the unitboxes with the roundel and have included each one in the units file, ull have to move it, for North Korean(hungry),Greecian(spanish) and Commonwealth(italians) ive included the complete folder along with the new unitboxes with the roundel. I dont believe i can fit it all on here with my attachment allotment so ill get most of it and have someone post the last folder or 2 hopefully tonight. UPDATED TO 2.8 (new .oob,.scn and .pdt) explanation in thread

Aaron

In the new 2.8 oob the North Koreans has been renamed Hungarians. U must change your folder names to these or ull have no graphics for them.
Rangers Lead the Way
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2008, 11:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-19-2008, 06:00 AM by Aaron.)
RE: The Bolt out of the Blue Full Version
Round 1

Work is being done on the graphics, and if u need them drop me a pm or email and ill send them all to u.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
01-10-2008, 11:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-19-2008, 06:01 AM by Aaron.)
Round 2
Rangers Lead the Way
01-10-2008, 11:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-19-2008, 06:02 AM by Aaron.)
Round 3
Rangers Lead the Way
01-10-2008, 11:57 AM,
Still have the 2 Russian folders, sent out an email and hopefully someone will post those up tonight.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
01-10-2008, 05:45 PM,
Aaron,
here is the missing part:

.zip   Russian.zip (Size: 565.34 KB / Downloads: 53)

.zip   Russian-Guards.zip (Size: 738.03 KB / Downloads: 52)
01-11-2008, 01:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-11-2008, 02:13 AM by Aaron.)
Thanks Michal, i guess no problems with the downloads, got it right this time. Im going to create a new .scn file for Nato AI, it shouldnt take long as soon as im in the mood a good day or two, going to have to move more Nato units to there GDP positions to make it more challenging for a player playing against the Nato AI.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
01-11-2008, 06:53 AM,
Hi,

Thanks for the scn and all your hard work taz. Just two things:

1. The russian guards art file is missing the 2D and 3D art files.

2. I noticed this takes place in 1989. Going off the NGP scn you had made changes to the OOB on both sides, as well as changing equipment based on improvements from 1985 to 1989. While searching for reading material on this period, I came across this OOB done by a guy who had served in the US army. While most of the WP satellites were using older equipment, by 1988 Russian armoured units had almost universally upgraded to the T-80. Whether this is correct or not I don't know, but I thought you would like to see it. Here is the address: http://orbat.com/site/history/historical...wpact.html

Anyway, thanks again for making this series so much better.
01-11-2008, 08:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-11-2008, 08:16 AM by Aaron.)
Thanks Mafooo, as for the 2d and 3d files u use the same ones u had before, i only included the complete file for North Korean (Hungry), Commonwealth (Italy) and Greecian (Spanish) b/c they were not part of the original, as for all the rest including the Russians ive only included the units folder for that country with the unitbox in that file. U will have to open those and put them into your country folder under units and move the unitbox to the 2d,3d folder. As for the oob i have seen that one before but i have much better ones for just about every country and yes the T-80 was deployed to GSFG only for the most part, there were other units but not many and in 1989 the Soviets still hadnt had a complete T-80 equip division, it was mixed with t-64, it wasnt intill the Soviets started pulling troops out of East Germany did they finally have fully T-80 equip divisions with the equipment that was left behind.

Aaron

I was just thinking maybe u never had the Russian-Guards folder? If not let me know or i believe u can download it at Volcano Mans website.
Rangers Lead the Way
01-11-2008, 08:28 AM,
Hi Aaron,

I've downloades all the files (twice) but the bolt out... scenario give an error read file. Rest of scenarios works ok (even Total War 3.0)

Bests
César