• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMx1 Plus
12-25-2007, 12:40 AM,
RE: CMx1 Plus
If I have this right, and I may well not, there were 487 CM games played on the ladder HERE on the Bltiz in the last 90 days. Or to put it another way, just under 500 games every 3 months.

And that's only on one website.

CMSF, hasn't posted that many games in all the websites since it was released. That's because for the most part H2H gameplay doesn't work correctly yet. Maybe it does now...but I don't think so.

Then BFC makes the marketing decision to kill CM1.

I'm not following this line of logic too well.

But hey I never worked for AH before either. Their logic was so good we see where it got them.

I guess we'll have to wait for another company to either buy BFC or to make a clone of the entire CMx1 series and take it on down the road. Unless BFC has to go back to it for the money it brought them the first time around.

Good Hunting.

MR
Quote this message in a reply
12-26-2007, 10:34 PM,
Since BFC doesn't make upgrades or even look at CMx1 anymore you may well have a problem running it on later versions of Windows. I understand they aren't even answering questions concerning Vista.

Now won't that be fun......

Good Hunting.

MR
12-26-2007, 11:41 PM,
fortunately for me my denatl sofware doesn't run on vista. so they have to keep me supplied with XP. they say another two years for them to upgrade. i hope they take longer, so at least me and my sons will be able to go at it for two more years. dell is also still supplying XP to buss. accounts.

Walkure:cool:
12-28-2007, 11:22 PM,
I have 2 hard drives on my computer...one of those may always run XP....

Good Hunting.

MR
12-29-2007, 12:02 AM,
Mad Russian Wrote:I guess we'll have to wait for another company to either buy BFC or to make a clone of the entire CMx1 series and take it on down the road. Unless BFC has to go back to it for the money it brought them the first time around.

Has anybody seen Panzer Command?
12-29-2007, 12:03 AM,
I guess CMx1 maybe runs on a virtual PC (VMWare for instance)
12-29-2007, 03:21 AM,
kineas Wrote:
Mad Russian Wrote:I guess we'll have to wait for another company to either buy BFC or to make a clone of the entire CMx1 series and take it on down the road. Unless BFC has to go back to it for the money it brought them the first time around.

Has anybody seen Panzer Command?

That is exactly where I'm hanging my hope. I purchased the first one Panzer Commander Winter Storm and it didn't live up to my expectations, but I believe CM1 (CMBO, CMBB, CMAK) set the standard very high. There new version Panzer Commander Kursk will be a buy for sure. Battlefront can choke on their RTS games as far as I'm concerned.
12-29-2007, 07:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-30-2007, 08:31 AM by von Nev.)
I would buy an updated version of CMx1 (after it was out a while to make sure I was not a beta tester). :whis:

When the official stats on CMx1 and CMSF matches logged on the Blitz from the date when CMSF was released to year-end is available it should be posted on the CMSF board at BFC. BFC is still going around and lecturing people, albeit toned down a lot, about only allowing "constructive criticism." They probably already know what disaster CMSF was/is, but the stats will speak for all of us that had such high expectations for a game that turned out to be cr*p.
12-29-2007, 04:49 PM,
I don't think you'll ever see any comparative stats....to my knowledge BFC has never posted any sales stats for CMx1 anywhere...there is no telling how many copies were sold world wide. Anyone with anything different on CMx1 sales feel free to correct me here.

Good Hunting.

MR
12-30-2007, 08:31 AM,
I was just talking about games logged on the Blitz not BFC sales.