• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMx1 Plus
12-23-2007, 08:01 AM,
CMx1 Plus
Would you buy an upgraded series of games on the CMx1 engine?

We obviously can't call that CMx2 now.

So, for discussion purposes let's just call it CM1 plus.

I know several of those here on the Blitz bought the CMSF game and were less than satisfied. In view of that would you still be interested if BFC were to go back and upgrade the CMx1 game system?

Would you be acceptable to the new system coming out in smaller period slices than was done in the past?

For instance, would you buy both an American and a British represention of the fighting in Normandy? Would Poland 1939 and France 1940 as an addition be some thing you would be interested in enough to buy?

But then let's talk about what BFC has always claimed it will do with CMx2. The period and theater flexibility.

Would you be interested in a game system based on the CMx1 system with the core features of that game for:

American Civil War
Pacific Theater WWII
Napoleonics
Korea
Vietnam
Arab/Israeli Conflicts
Ancients
Medieval

To name a few....

What about if horses, helicopters and multi-turreted vehicles were modeled? As well as some of the more glaring issues with the original series of games?

I'm not sure, but I think this may be the one thing that is on most CM gamers wish lists.

What would you say if you heard this was a possibility? I'm not saying it is.

What I'm saying is that BFC reads the MB's and not just their own.

So, MAYBE, if you were to voice support or lack there of, for the original system to be revived you might get their attention.

I would think that there wouldn't be as much support for the product now as there would have been before CMSF. But who knows.

What do you think?

Good Hunting.

MR
Quote this message in a reply
12-23-2007, 08:14 AM,
RE: CMx1 Plus
I'd probably buy them gladly, even on a monthly basis.

But I think we are not bound to BFC. Our hobby is wargaming, tactical wargaming, wego based to be precise. I'm pretty much sure the next CM won't come from BFC.
12-23-2007, 09:28 AM,
kineas Wrote:I'd probably buy them gladly, even on a monthly basis.

But I think we are not bound to BFC. Our hobby is wargaming, tactical wargaming, wego based to be precise. I'm pretty much sure the next CM won't come from BFC.

I agree that we are not bound to BFC. I'm not actually convinced that BFC will abandon CMx1 if CMx2 doesn't make them money.

Only time will tell.

Good Hunting.

MR
12-23-2007, 09:51 AM,
I'd love to see CM1 upgraded and would pay more than it is probably worth to get it. Since I hear nothing from BFC other than how "CM1 is dead, dead, dead" it's not necessarily a fantasy they might drop it.
12-23-2007, 10:54 AM,
Cash flow may adjust the attitude of "CM1 is dead, dead, dead" too.

I think CMx2 was a qualified marketing disaster. I could be wrong but it certainly looks like one.

Good Hunting.

MR
12-24-2007, 07:57 AM,
I too, would be more then happy to see some fix ups to the CMx1 engine and some other faetures/upgrades. I wonder what it would cost them to give us the French or Polish forces as an integrated upgrade?
12-24-2007, 12:17 PM,
I would buy the small version upgrades of CM in a heart beat. And I too would pay more than it is probably worth. And get CMC off the ground for gods sake! I don't know if I would buy France 1940 though, seems like the game would automatically surrender you on the first turn....LOL. Just kidding.

Lord Bane
12-24-2007, 02:07 PM,
Lord Bane Wrote:I would buy the small version upgrades of CM in a heart beat. And I too would pay more than it is probably worth. And get CMC off the ground for gods sake! I don't know if I would buy France 1940 though, seems like the game would automatically surrender you on the first turn....LOL. Just kidding.

Lord Bane

France held out for 10 minutes in the original fight so you get at least 10 turns....or 30 game files if you're counting that way.....Eek

Good Hunting.

MR
12-25-2007, 12:07 AM,
10 turns is about how long anyone lasts against LB anyways Big Grin
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
12-25-2007, 12:32 AM,
RedDevil Wrote:10 turns is about how long anyone lasts against LB anyways Big Grin

You could be right. There are a bunch of very good gamers here.

I think you might not let your opponents even get 10 full turns before taking them out.

I've been looking over the ladder to see who stands where. I'll never be competitive on the ladder for a couple of reasons, but it's interesting to see who the top guns are. Trying to get an understanding of listings and what the heading abbreviations mean.

It's interesting to see just how many games have been played with BFC's flawed game series. What I'm looking for and I'm sure it's there is just how many games were played here on the Blitz in 2007. Of course the year isn't over yet. But I'm figuring that I'll find it was a tremendous number.

A number that I'm amazed that BFC would turn and walk the other direction from.

Good Hunting.

MR