• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

RNL vs Jobu88 QBME [Jobu88 - keep out!]
12-23-2007, 09:30 AM,
RE: RNL vs Jobu88 QBME [Jobu88 - keep out!]
The Calvary is on their way

The calvary is on its way but using care to ensure that they are not ambushed on the way. Notice the two tanks watching the flank as the three of them get onto the road with hopefully LOS all the way down. If they do have LOS they should cut off any attempt for Axis armour to cross the road.

[Image: Calvaryonitsway.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
12-24-2007, 01:05 AM,
Both sides are plastering the infantry with HE

The T34s on the road start to plaster the road area with HE and yet another schreck has emerged near the forward T34s; they blast him to bits. The Axis assault gun looks like it may have been hurt or at least frightened because it throws up a smoke screen. I move the SU-76M forward to get a bit closer to the action and to avoid being infantry assaulted by the Axis forces working their way around the flag in a classic flanking move.

[Image: T34sprovidesomeHEsupport.jpg]
12-24-2007, 01:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-24-2007, 10:25 PM by RNL Tiger.)
I have seen four AFVs and around a company of infantry. I suspect there is another platoon of AFVs lurking around and I set the other three T34s to cover the rear and left. Notice also that I am sending the sharpshooter left to see if he can spot anything worthwhile on the other side of the hill.

The right flag is shown as Allied but I do not believe it as this flag is clearly being contested.
12-24-2007, 10:28 PM,
Tanks fight at Right Flag

I decide that it is time to send in a couple of tanks to get much closer to the Allied infantry to provide support but also some offensive capability. It is highly likely that the Axis will try to push forward soon as the battle is reaching a climax.

As two of the T34s arrive at their position watching the flag a couple of Panzers advance to the edge of the woods. As they advance a Axis squad destroys my SU-76M with a demo charge. I had thought he was safely hidden away but clearly not. The Axis have just evened up the odds a little here.

[Image: TanksfightatRightFlag.jpg]
12-24-2007, 10:29 PM,
The Allies fire first and miss the next salvo could be decisive for either side and they fire simultaneously

[Image: TanksfireatRightFlag.jpg]
12-24-2007, 10:30 PM,
The Allies score two front penetrations but the Axis force the lead tank to bail out, fortunately a few seconds later the Axis abandon one of their tanks leaving it down to a one on one duel; whoever, can fire first will probably win…

[Image: TankskilledatRightFlag.jpg]

The T34 fires and scores the knockout. Meanwhile the other three T34s on the road have been laying down a withering barrage of HE fire and finally force the Assault Gun to abandon [just behind the flag].
12-24-2007, 10:31 PM,
This battle may just have been decided unless Jobu88 has further reserves to throw in. I still suspect that there may be some more Axis armour lurking but if there is he will need to throw them in now as the fight has just completed 17 of 25+.
12-28-2007, 09:42 PM,
Send in T34s for final kill

There seems to be one remaining Axis assault gun [red ring] and assorted infantry. So I decide to go in for the final kill and send two T34s to get closer and more personal. One is coming down the road and the other is joining its comrade that is throwing down some HE in the vicinity of the AFV. However, I am surprised that there is an infantry squad [other red ring] behind my tank on the road. Worse it is at 37m and targets my tank. I need to decide what to do to get it out of potential trouble and fast.

[Image: SendinT34sforfinalkill.jpg]
12-29-2007, 06:43 AM,
Unfortunately it is the T34 that is killed

The T34 seems to have escaped

[Image: T34isinfantryattacked.jpg]
12-29-2007, 06:44 AM,
but a few yards further down the road and a schreck scores the kill

[Image: T34isinfantrykilled.jpg]